Green Hornet-Batman story

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

greenhornet66

Green Hornet-Batman story

Post by greenhornet66 »

Hi fellow GH fans. Iam slowly working on a story that brings the Green Hornet and Batman together on a super cross over book. I have to think about how i want to present this book. And how it falls more to the Green Hornet fans and then how it falls towards the Batman fans. I have a title already in mind. Once my story is complete, what are my chances of getting my story printed into a paperback book? Who hold the rights to the GH name? And would i get approval from DC Comics to use the Batman character in my book?
High C

Re: BATMAN / GREEN HORNET story continues

Post by High C »

We've been through this before on the Green Hornet section of the board. Unless you're a previously published author, which I assume you are not, you have no chance. Nada. Zip. Negative nil.

Fan fiction by amateurs has almost no chance of getting published. Not to mention the copyright hoops that would have to be jumped through.

Write it for fun.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
greenhornet66

Re: Green Hornet-Batman story

Post by greenhornet66 »

Yes, i know my chances of getting my story actually published is very little to non-excistance, And your right, at the moment it is all for fun. Its fun to think of different adventures that the Green Hornet can get involved in. I would like to see the Green Hornet get more public exposure, and bring this character to the headlines.
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

You're best off uploading your story to fanfiction.net
The chances of getting a book published in either paperback or hard cover are about as close to zero as it is possible to be.
For starters, the rights in the characters are owned by 2 separate companies.
Even if you wished to pay to print the books yourself it would be practically impossible to find a company who would do it without permission from the copyright holders as the characters (especially Batman) are obviously well known throughout the world.
Having said all that, a lady called Pat over in the Green Hornet Yuku forum did get published in the collection of Green Hornet stories published by Moonstone recently. She started out at fanfiction.net so, it can be done
Have fun.
BatandGHfan54

Post by BatandGHfan54 »

Lounge lizard wrote:You're best off uploading your story to fanfiction.net...
Having said all that, a lady called Pat over in the Green Hornet Yuku forum did get published in the collection of Green Hornet stories published by Moonstone recently. She started out at fanfiction.net so, it can be done
Have fun.
Thanks for the advise. I have a few ideas myself. BTW, this is my first post. I just discovered this site. I think I'm going to like it a lot! :D