So...where's the Green Hornet DVD release?

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

John Mack

So...where's the Green Hornet DVD release?

Post by John Mack »

:?:

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Wayne Faucher

Re: So...where's the Green Hornet DVD release?

Post by Wayne Faucher »

I'm sure this has been reviewed here by those much more knowledgeable than me, but while GH is a Greenway production, it's not a DC/Warner character. I don't think there's any connection between the DVD release of Batman and that of GH....

I might be wrong...I hope I am....
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

maybe if the NEW HORNET movie had been a hit,,it would have been available by now??? ..i do think eventually they will release it...maybe sooner than later especially
:!: if the BATMAN series does well..on its release !!!! hang in there citizen !
otrjerry

Post by otrjerry »

I asked Martin Grams, the co-author of the Green Hornet book, why the Tv series has not yet been released on DVD. He said Fox and Greenway own 50 percent. TV reruns, under contract, terms are perpetual. But an official DVD release requires the signing off of a number of venues including Green Hornet, Inc. and squaring away music rights. Grams said he does not know why the series has not been released except that someone at Fox has not yet made the effort to release much of anything TV on DVD such as Hong Kong, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and other Fox programs.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Well there is a DVD release already - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Hornet-The-Fury-Dragon/dp/B000639WPA/ref=pd_cp_d_h__0

Two movies compiled of four episodes put together so 8 episodes in total. The quality of the picture isn't great as its not been remastered but still very much watchable. I don't understand how these could have been released in the 1970's but suddenly copyright laws effect the full release now?
BAT CAVERN

Post by BAT CAVERN »

Yesterday TCM screened "Desert Sands" (1955) and, interestingly, the movie features no less than three actors - Ralph Meeker, John Carradine and Mort Mills - who will later guest as various villains on "THe GREEN HORNeT".
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

otrjerry wrote:I asked Martin Grams, the co-author of the Green Hornet book, why the Tv series has not yet been released on DVD. He said Fox and Greenway own 50 percent. TV reruns, under contract, terms are perpetual. But an official DVD release requires the signing off of a number of venues including Green Hornet, Inc. and squaring away music rights. Grams said he does not know why the series has not been released except that someone at Fox has not yet made the effort to release much of anything TV on DVD such as Hong Kong, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and other Fox programs.
So it appears there's not as many legal hurdles as in the Batman case, but the failure to release TGH on DVD is due to...indifference?

One would think with Batman finally on its way, the "cousin" series would be a no-brainer, particularly due to the fictional worlds crossing over (on Batman, of course). That is one of TGH's biggest hooks aside from Lee.
Beneath Wayne Manor
v194

Post by v194 »

Wondering how they will deal with the "guest hero" appearance of the Green Hornet in the two parter?
if they got approval to use them it would be assumed that they could do the entire series. Seems logical.
Owner of an Original TV used Black Beauty
Learn the history of the 2 cars at:
http://www.theblackbeauty.com
BatBomba

Post by BatBomba »

v194 wrote:Wondering how they will deal with the "guest hero" appearance of the Green Hornet in the two parter?
if they got approval to use them it would be assumed that they could do the entire series. Seems logical.
Good, very good point.
BATWINGED HORNET

BatBomba wrote:
v194 wrote:Wondering how they will deal with the "guest hero" appearance of the Green Hornet in the two parter?
Good, very good point.
Now that the crossover comic is coming--using the TV version--I wonder what else in the way of licensed GH material is on the horizon?
Beneath Wayne Manor
Robin Holyisms

Post by Robin Holyisms »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote:Now that the crossover comic is coming--using the TV version--I wonder what else in the way of licensed GH material is on the horizon?
Well someone from Factory Entertainment came on here a few months ago, and mentioned the possibility of doing a Batman and Green Hornet crossover figure, but we have heard nothing more about it since then.
Thu May 16, 2013 12:59 am
Sorry - Been really busy at work and am just getting back to do a reply :)

We are working on the concept of a GH / Batman crossover product, since we DO have BOTH licenses - - We just need to work out the technicalities of it
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1063&p=9990#p9990
BATWINGED HORNET

Robin Holyisms wrote:
BATWINGED HORNET wrote:Now that the crossover comic is coming--using the TV version--I wonder what else in the way of licensed GH material is on the horizon?
Well someone from Factory Entertainment came on here a few months ago, and mentioned the possibility of doing a Batman and Green Hornet crossover figure, but we have heard nothing more about it since then.
Thu May 16, 2013 12:59 am
Sorry - Been really busy at work and am just getting back to do a reply :)

We are working on the concept of a GH / Batman crossover product, since we DO have BOTH licenses - - We just need to work out the technicalities of it
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1063&p=9990#p9990
I forgot the Factory product! If that--and the comic are released, it just seems ridiculous that the TV series would not follow.
Beneath Wayne Manor
v194

Post by v194 »

Owner of an Original TV used Black Beauty
Learn the history of the 2 cars at:
http://www.theblackbeauty.com
The Green Hornet

Post by The Green Hornet »

:idea: If the "Batman" t.v.series with Adam West is finally getting an official home video release from Warner Home Video in 2014,(and we all know the many legal problems involved with this over the many past decades),then why not do "The Green Hornet" T.V.Series too at the same time?!Why is it taking almost 50 years to release this classic,vintage,crime drama action t.v.program that was so far better and so much more superior to DVD & BLU-RAY quality?They can make a mint with this!I sure do hope it can and will happen because I am tired of all the poor quality pirated bootleg videos of this great awesome iconic legendary series please release "The Green Hornet" Television Series we want it and will buy it! :idea:
Andy_Rampage

Post by Andy_Rampage »

I SURE HOPE interest in this hasn't "waned".. as it appears to have..
I just found a Dvd Of Hornet episodes that i bought at the same time back i was buying a basketful of Asian/Chinese movies! i'd been looking for this (in my basement!) for Years! Yes, the quality "lacks" (Stinks!)..looks-like it was taped Off air.. I ONLY mention this because it really saddens that this Terrific show doesn't receive ANY respect.. except of course from the fans! :mrgreen:
So i sought out an Online petition, NOT that i have MUCH Confidence in these things either..