Green Hornet comes to DVD too!

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BATWINGED HORNET

Re: Green Hornet comes to DVD too!

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Fatbat wrote:Several years ago a smaller video company released 2 titles of GH under the guise of the GH movies. Which essentially took episodes, and edited them using/emphasizing Lee's fight scenes, into one long film.
One was from Brentwood Home Video: The Original 1974 movie classic Bruce Lee as Kato in The Green Hornet(w/ bonus Black Beauty featurette)90min. Special fight scenes menu, photo gallery, website connection to see car. Released 2000. Remastered 35mm print.

The other was The Fury Of The Dragon:The Green Hornet.90min. Unit World Movie INC. 2002.(4 adventures[episodes]. I'm happy to say I own both!
I remember the '74 "movie" released by a few companies in the early 1990s; they were such butchered, muddy copies, which was especially glaring since significantly superior prints were airing on the FX cable channel at the same time.

I have a feeling if TGH ever seen an official release, it will have no extras (no ABC content, promos, etc.), but I do expect the same, old and tired quickie supplements making TGH all about Lee (as though his post series stardom was apparent in '66).
Beneath Wayne Manor
STEPhonIT

Post by STEPhonIT »

STP Swallowthispill wrote:The Green Hornet film was a big let down for me.
They took a great TV series and made a joke out of it!
And that is why it flopped at the box office.

Charles
The idea in which Seth Rogen stars as the Green Hornet is pretty unwatchable IMO. I also didn't understand why he felt to parody the show; he could have done his own thing like revamping the Black Beauty into another car for example. Making it the car from the tv series clearly wants to parody or mock the tv show. I wish Rogen had an imagination to do something with it- - with better talent to drive the film.
MysticNitekatt

Post by MysticNitekatt »

The hold up for any official DVDs has been Green Hornet, inc., they simply want a larger cut than 20th Century Fox is willing to give. Bruce's estate has nothing to do with it. This has been reported on a couple of the home theater forums.

This is the same thing holding up any "official" release of the two 1970's compilation films domestically.

All international releases of "The Green Hornet" and "Fury of The Dragon" (VHS,laserdisc, DVD) have been licensed by Laurence Joachim who "produced" the films in the 1970's. He might be doing this in spite of Green Hornet,inc but his deal with 20th would allows him to do this.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

MysticNitekatt wrote:The hold up for any official DVDs has been Green Hornet, inc., they simply want a larger cut than 20th Century Fox is willing to give. Bruce's estate has nothing to do with it. This has been reported on a couple of the home theater forums.

This is the same thing holding up any "official" release of the two 1970's compilation films domestically.

All international releases of "The Green Hornet" and "Fury of The Dragon" (VHS,laserdisc, DVD) have been licensed by Laurence Joachim who "produced" the films in the 1970's. He might be doing this in spite of Green Hornet,inc but his deal with 20th would allows him to do this.
As in the case of Batman '66, Fox cannot wait forever. The target audience most likely to purchase the series are older in age, and there's no indication of a large, young GH fanbase can be counted on. Additionally, if they are looking to cash in on Bruce lee, that assumes a good number of his fans are completists who would care about that one point in his career. For some, Lee's best moments were found in the films, not TV.
Beneath Wayne Manor
hornet112

Post by hornet112 »

If this is true it makes me really angry and sad.
That a org is taking us all capture for so long.
How old are these dudes out there in The green hornetinc ,i hope they will lose there grip.
WaltP

Post by WaltP »

I just did a search for Green Hornet inc -- it's a cannabis shop. Maybe that's why they think they can hold out for more money forever ;)
Wayne Faucher

Post by Wayne Faucher »

WaltP wrote:I just did a search for Green Hornet inc -- it's a cannabis shop. Maybe that's why they think they can hold out for more money forever ;)
Those guys probably CAN hold out forever...or at least until the chips are all gone.... :x