Green Hornet comes to DVD too!

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

hornet112

Re: Green Hornet comes to DVD too!

Post by hornet112 »

Another extra is a short silent piece of film Bruce talking and showing his gung fu arm movements Ted Wong has this..
K.G. Bird

Post by K.G. Bird »

STP Swallowthispill wrote:The Green Hornet film was a big let down for me.
They took a great TV series and made a joke out of it!
And that is why it flopped at the box office.

Charles
I agree strongly with what you wrote. This is a problem with most superhero movies. The people who learned to love this heroes in comics and TV want movies that stay true to their memories. I don't understand the thought that says this hero is popular so I will totally change them because maybe people will like that more?

Here is another issue. The people who make these movies have lost the basic understanding that superheroes are more than beings with super powers. Even super villains have super powers. The first and most important ingredient in making a superhero is super virtue. That is what Adam West's portrayal of Batman did probably better than anyone. It doesn't matter that it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. People want a hero to look up to not one that is equally flawed IMO.

The Green Hornet movie was a scandal maybe even sacrilegious.
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Yeah, but you gotta admit the scene where they're ambushed in the Black Beauty is a true "Batman style" doom trap! I think overall the movie was not that good, but the people who have control over how the movie was to be made, surely could have stopped it. They didn't.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Wayne Faucher

Post by Wayne Faucher »

The second we heard of Seth Rogen's involvement with the film, it was obvious we weren't going to be seeing anything having to do with the TV series.

Hollywood's preoccupation with making the hero look like an idiot has me stumped. Did anyone see what they did to the Lone Ranger? I'm assuming they think audiences need to feel smarter (or at least more sensible) than the protagonists. This certainly bears out in the continued success of reality TV. In short, it seems many people enjoy watching idiots. Sad, really. I don't need to watch idiots. I have enough of those in my life. Take a look at the Captain America films. He's an actual hero, not a wise-cracking smart ---.

I've mentioned this before; I watch the Green Hornet movie as though it's a film about the car. It's not that bad if you look at it that way....
K.G. Bird

Post by K.G. Bird »

Wayne Faucher wrote:The second we heard of Seth Rogen's involvement with the film, it was obvious we weren't going to be seeing anything having to do with the TV series.

Hollywood's preoccupation with making the hero look like an idiot has me stumped. Did anyone see what they did to the Lone Ranger? I'm assuming they think audiences need to feel smarter (or at least more sensible) than the protagonists. This certainly bears out in the continued success of reality TV. In short, it seems many people enjoy watching idiots. Sad, really. I don't need to watch idiots. I have enough of those in my life. Take a look at the Captain America films. He's an actual hero, not a wise-cracking smart ---.

I've mentioned this before; I watch the Green Hornet movie as though it's a film about the car. It's not that bad if you look at it that way....
Interesting. I agree. I remember watching the Green Hornet movie and once Kato put his knee between the Green Hornets legs and causing him to drop...well my jaw dropped and I said okay, I'm done and stopped it. You know the only people who know who the Green Hornet is , are older people not young people.

I agree with your comment about Captain America but I have a problem with that movie also. For some reason, hero's can not wear their mask much in a movie. Captain America hardly ever wears it and spider-man is also without his mask often while in costume. I just read all the Captain America's from the 60's and they could have done a much better job with the movies. Lastly, I love the Flash but the new series..Arggh!
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

K.G. Bird wrote: I love the Flash but the new series..Arggh!
Are you saying you like the new Flash series or that you don't? I actually really like the new Flash series. It has a very interesting storyline & they are doing a great job incorporating villians each week. It & Gotham are both very good in my opinion. Gotham has better writing in my opinion but the Flash series has a lighter tone about it than Gotham does which works better for the character. Also I love the 90's flash series too & I love that they incorporated John Wesley Shipp into a recurring role as his father! I wish they would have Adam West play a character in Gotham as either a one time or recurring character.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Please stay on topic to this thread, folks.
hornet112

Post by hornet112 »

If ever the remastered series will come out on dvd i hope the will be more clear hope they can put of the dark lens off the series where made in daytime but it all looks so dark because of the lens.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

hornet112 wrote:If ever the remastered series will come out on dvd i hope the will be more clear hope they can put of the dark lens off the series where made in daytime but it all looks so dark because of the lens.
Do you mean the "day for night" process? Although old films are routinely "corrected" (color, temperature, etc.), the day for night process is not easily "removed"and due to the intent of the cinematographer, it is left alone. For better or worse, TGH should be presented as intended during its ABC airing.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Wayne Faucher

Post by Wayne Faucher »

I am not a fan of the "day for night" effect on tv or in film. But even if it could be removed, we'd be seeing the Green Hornet buzzing around the city in broad daylight, which would be even more strange!
WaltP

Post by WaltP »

Wayne Faucher wrote:The second we heard of Seth Rogen's involvement with the film, it was obvious we weren't going to be seeing anything having to do with the TV series.
You're being too easy on the film. When I heard of Rogen's involvement, I knew we wouldn't be getting a Green Hornet - period. As a fan of the radio show, too, there was nothing GHish about the movie characters. Black Beauty wasn't bad, and the gas gun was good, but sheesh!

I can't believe Rogen et all actually listened to the radio show then came up with that script!
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

Since DC Comics was able to do a comic book crossover with the 60's Batman and Green Hornet, shouldn't they be able to get the GH series on home video? It sounds like they have certain rights to use that particular version of the Green Hornet. It could be channeled through the Warner Archive program as a complete series set. Since '66 Batman images are used in a couple of episodes of the Green Hornet, any home video release would need Warner Brothers approval anyway.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
hornet112

Post by hornet112 »

Thats true...
Fatbat

Post by Fatbat »

I as well several years ago snagged the full GH series UNCUT off Action channel. I was AMAZED at the time they repeatedly aired these unedited and no commercials :D ! The prints were damn good! They ran this over and over for over a year. Till the dvd's happen, my VHS copies are pretty fair is SP mode.
monitor_earthprime wrote:I managed to get the complete series when they showed in on encore-action channel uncut so I am happy with that.

If they do release this on dvd the need to include the extra footage located on my site:

Green Hornet 66
Fatbat

Post by Fatbat »

Several years ago a smaller video company released 2 titles of GH under the guise of the GH movies. Which essentially took episodes, and edited them using/emphasizing Lee's fight scenes, into one long film.
One was from Brentwood Home Video: The Original 1974 movie classic Bruce Lee as Kato in The Green Hornet(w/ bonus Black Beauty featurette)90min. Special fight scenes menu, photo gallery, website connection to see car. Released 2000. Remastered 35mm print.

The other was The Fury Of The Dragon:The Green Hornet.90min. Unit World Movie INC. 2002.(4 adventures[episodes]. I'm happy to say I own both!