Custom 66 Hornet Figures

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Therin of Andor

Re: Custom 66 Hornet Figures

Post by Therin of Andor »

This thread inspired me, a few weeks ago, to explore what is out there for Green Hornet & Kato. I already had the "Factory Entertainment" set that is slightly too tall for the 6" Mattel "Batman '66" line, but not too bad.

Today my Japanese "Mediacom Toy Corporation" Green Hornet & Kato arrived and turned out to be 9" tall each, a little taller than expected (and advertised on eBay). "Figures Toy Company" uses the regular 8" Mego-style figures for their "Batman '66" line, So, cannibalising a retro Mego-style Captain Pike (from "Star Trek"), I was able to make Kato more in scale with 8" Robin and 9" Green Hornet. Kato's head was quite easily swapped out onto Pike's body, the hands painted shiny black, the jacket sleeves slightly shortened with hemming web, and his tiny cuff buttons moved.

Kato custom by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Therin of Andor

Re: Custom 66 Hornet Figures

Post by Therin of Andor »

Therin of Andor wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:09 am Image
Kato custom by Ian McLean, on Flickr
New pic of my Japanese "Mediacom Toy Corporation" figures of Green Hornet and Kato. I did a little tweaking on Kato, swapping his body for a 8" Mega-type body and adjusting his sleeves, jacket buttons and pant cuffs!

Green Hornet and Kato by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)