Batman reference on the Secret of the Sally Bell

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

CapedCrusader83

Batman reference on the Secret of the Sally Bell

Post by CapedCrusader83 »

I hadn't seen this episode before but I was surprised by the scene where the villains were watching Batman on TV with the theme song playing in the background and one of the villains even naming him. I know that Dozier would promote the Green Hornet on Batman - the window cameo, the cross over episodes, etc. - but I was surprised to see him promote Batman on the Green Hornet. Pretty cool. I think a Batman cross-over on the Green Hornet would've been cool.
BATWINGED HORNET

Re: Batman reference on the Secret of the Sally Bell

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Yes. "The Secret of the Sally Bell" (aired 12/9/66) was at a period where both series referenced the other as TV series (even after the typically 4th wall-breaking window cameo from September of that year).
Beneath Wayne Manor
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

If I remember rightly, we see the dynamic duo sliding down the poles into the cave. I've had a yearning over the last few weeks to re-watch the full GH series having not done so for nearly four years now, this might have just sealed the deal for me ;)
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Cross promotion occurred twice on The Green Hornet. I just updated the video quality and a new youtube upload as the last upload was 6 years ago.

https://youtu.be/g8Agfk3PrvY
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

On a side note, in the movie "The Fortune Cookie," towards the end of the film, the two men spying on Jack Lemmon's character trying to prove fraud have decided to stop and go home. One remarks that he can make it home in time to watch Batman. Also, one of the men in the scene is Cliff Osmond who would later appear in the Siren episode of Batman.
"Oh soon we'll be out amid the cold world's strife. Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life." - Tom Lehrer
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

I was just watching Rapid Fire starring Brandon Lee (Bruce's Son)
In one scene he's in a cheap motel with three FBI agents they're watching the '66 Batman movie and when Batman says "It's a Low neighborhood two of the FBI agents stand up kill the third and start shooting at Brandon's character.
Batman seems to be bad luck for the Lees
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"