Any new GH movie talks ??

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

greenhornet66

Any new GH movie talks ??

Post by greenhornet66 »

Has anyone heard of any news on any future GH movie or tv show projects? We need more GH talk. I want to see either a new movie with better actors, and better scripts, and possibly a new tv series. The movie of the GH was a total disgrace of the character. Maybe not for the new fans or younger fans. But for those of us who grew up on the 60's tv show, we know how a GH character should be. Definetly not the way Seth Rogen portrayed him . But that's just my opinion. I take alot of pride in how a character should portray a historic crimefigher such as the GH.
redbird

Re: Any new GH movie talks ??

Post by redbird »

I 100% agree with your opinion on the GH. The Rogen movie was a comedy, not even close.
The only quality product from that movie was the Black Beauty auto. I remember hearing
Rumors before the movie was made that George Cloney was under consideration for the
Reid/Green Hornet character and Jason Scott Lee for Kato. But remember, Batman and
Robin movie!
Gotham

Post by Gotham »

Gee I hope not, if it is anything like the first one! YUUUK, took me 3 times to get through it,
Even campy would have been better.
I may not agree with what you say at times, But I will fight for your right to say it!
Catfan

Post by Catfan »

I sure hope The Green Hornet does get remade. Most of the performers in the recent movie were decent, and I give special kudos to Edward James Olmos and Cameron Diaz, but Seth Rogen was SOOOO totally wrong! I would have liked Jon Hamm as Britt Reid/The Green Hornet. Here's hoping for a remake!!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

As long as they don't "Dark Knight" the Green Hornet! A happy medium between the last one with some humor and the Bruce Lee movies with a serious tone.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
SnakeBabe

Post by SnakeBabe »

redbird wrote:I....... I remember hearing Rumors before the movie was made that George Cloney was under consideration for the Reid/Green Hornet character and Jason Scott Lee for Kato. But remember, Batman andRobin movie!
I think Cloney is a good actor and has the class and elegance a millionaire like Bruce Wayne needs but that script he was handed for that movie was not good at all.
Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

The Rogen disaster effectively killed the chance of any major studio spending money on another version of the character for some time to come. Unlike the Ang Lee Hulk film--which was deservedly blasted, but rebooted, GH is not as well known today, and when Rogen was attached to the project, what attention GH recieved was wholly negative, so there's no interest--i.e. potential for big box office--in another GH film.

Still, if GH ever sees the light of day as another film, it will need to leave all associations with the Dozier series behind, as Rogen abused the cultural reference, and the obsession with trying to recreate Bruce Lee must end sometime, after all, The Green Hornet was a successful media character long before the TV series, so he's not defined by one image.

I would not mind a limited cable animated series in the style of the so-named "Timmverse" DC cartoons (Justice League, Batman: The Animated Series, etc.), which took the gritty inspiration of the radio version, used violence (in other words, no Saturday morning timeslot), but had a fanstastic element.
Beneath Wayne Manor
STEPhonIT

Post by STEPhonIT »

The biggest hurdle for The Green Hornet is the revisionist history it was sadly taken from Hollywood. Somehow, learning that the Fox tv series was developed by Batman producer William Dozier it has spawn the belief the themes and the tone were similar. Just check out the Seth Rogen adapted film which was nodding heavily on the look of the series. I would have casted a retired football guy turned actor looking for a break in hollywood like Howie Long-- who has proven in the right role can deliver a good performance. Or a retired MMA fighter. Kato would be very hard to cast,Tony Ja would be my choice, even though he's not chinese, and I would hire Bently continental for the rights to used their newest model to become the new Black Beauty.

or the Hornet's traditional four door

K.G. Bird

Post by K.G. Bird »

I love the Green Hornet but the horrible movie was a mockery of the real GH. Special attention to Kato kicking GH between the legs--maybe some people think that's funny but not me. I was hoping for a serious movie, and as someone said, Campy would have been better.
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".
exm

Post by exm »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: I would not mind a limited cable animated series in the style of the so-named "Timmverse" DC cartoons (Justice League, Batman: The Animated Series, etc.), which took the gritty inspiration of the radio version, used violence (in other words, no Saturday morning timeslot), but had a fanstastic element.
I don't think Rogen's movie damaged the character's image that much - the public needed reminding that the character exists, more than anything. If nothing else, it keeps the movie franchise torch flickering for another decade.

I really like your idea of a cartoon series. I don't particularly see it happening at this point, but I think such a series would go over very well if they gave it a shot.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

HONK wrote:
I really like your idea of a cartoon series. I don't particularly see it happening at this point, but I think such a series would go over very well if they gave it a shot.
Thanks!

I agree that an animated series would not be the route GH's current owners would take, but it would be the best way to take the character back to serious roots for longtime (adult) fans, while the animation format would introduce GH to new, younger audiences. The first Batman: the Animated Series accomplished this well. Imagine how a Timm-ized GH would play...
Beneath Wayne Manor
Evan Batz Keith

Post by Evan Batz Keith »

Although Clooney was wrong for Bruce/Batzy... for some reason I believe that he would actually be fine for Britt Reid/Green Hornet... but all I can say is pretty much ANYone would be better than Seth Rogen...
JacbBlck

Post by JacbBlck »

True, Seth Rogen has given phenomenal performance in The Green Hornet. I absolutely loved it.
greenhornet66

Post by greenhornet66 »

Hi Jackblk, are you serious?? Seth gave an outstanding performance as the GH?? Your joking right, man i hope so. This movie script sucked beyond believing. The producer, director, actors, all were horribly wrong with this movie. I have no directing, or producing expierence on how a movie should be put together. But after seeing that mockery of a character is shameful. All the stupid lines and how he acted with his new secretary, Ms. Case, way over board on his lust for her. Kato's part with how he built all those different Back Beauty's was way too much, and excessive. The car being cut in half by an elevator,then able to have front wheel drive crashing through all the offices, just pethetic.
A very dissapointing movie, and the producer and director, and actor's totally ruined a legendary comic book/ radio crime fighter. I would not even give this movie a rating. If zero is a rating, then i would give it a -0.
BilltheBat

Post by BilltheBat »

The Sigsaly web series would have loved to resume production after the Rogen film flopped, but apparently the word from GHI was "no go". Maybe the Sony deal has extended rights to protect their dvd sales from competing product?

I can't ever see a Bentley (should I call it a Volkswagon, even though the mark retained its identity better than Rolls?) as the BB. The GH is a Detroit product, and his ride ought to be as well. Since it masquerades as a gangster's limo, and needs to both look classy and blend in with American street traffic, the tradition of high end Lincolns and Chryslers should be maintained, IMHO.