The Hornet's lair.

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Ben Bentley

Re: The Hornet's lair.

Post by Ben Bentley »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:46 pm Here is detailed topic thread from 2011 with many screen grabs and great drawings by MarvLS
depicting the possible layouts (different drafts) of Britt's apartment posted over at thecaveboard.yuku.com

http://thecaveboard.yuku.com/topic/8841 ... servations
I've really enjoyed reading that thread from back 2011. In reference to a remark you made A.P...
20th Century backlot, remember The Daily Sentinel was also the Gotham City Plaza building, and Britt's apartment is just around the corner from The Sentinel entrance/Britt's parking space!

...Scott and I spent quite a chunk of time researching as to whether "Gotham City Plaza" was still in tact on the Fox Lot and unfortunately it appears to be long gone.
A. Pennyworth wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:49 pm The Batgirl alley and the Green Hornet alley were not the at the same location. Dan Goodman (katoman) provided this image of the Kissin' CANDY MINT GH alley in 2005, Don't remember if he ever stated it's exact backlot location.
I'm inclined to say that the GH alley was over in Century City at Fox between soundstages and the Batgirl alley was on Desilu's 40 Acres backlot in Culver City. By Season 3 and the nature of the production's budgetary and time restraints, the production rarely if at all strayed from it's base in Culver City.

Cross referencing the production documentation from "Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin", it seems that the exteriors for that episode were all shot on the "Chicago Street" area of the 40 Acres backlot. See below...
Enter_Batgirl-Call_Sheet-Capture.png
minion1966

Re: The Hornet's lair.

Post by minion1966 »

Hello

Ben Bentley wrote "I'm inclined to say that the GH alley was over in Century City at Fox between soundstages".

It appears that the lair of the Black Beauty was on the 20th Century Fox Studios Lot on Pico Boulevard at the Ninth Street end of French Alley. After exiting through the open Candy Mint sign it would speed down French Alley and then turn to it's left onto Eighth Street.

TGHA_map.jpg

TGHA_sat.jpg
TGHA_sat.jpg (35.48 KiB) Viewed 3776 times