Funko pops

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batken

Funko pops

Post by Batken »

For those who collect Funko pops they are releasing a Green Hornet pop in June. Unfortunately I can't download the picture it says file too big. You can see it on the Funko website.
NJ_Batfan

Re: Funko pops

Post by NJ_Batfan »

If Funko has the license, I wonder if that keeps the possibility of figures and a Black Beauty open as was teased last year when the Batman line was released?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Gave the site a quick go through but I can only look at so many Pops, didn't find it.
If an image is too big-- just link to it.
Right Click on the image-- go to COPY IMAGE LOCATION
Come here, click on the little pic icon-- mountain with sun rising.
IMG will come up, click your mouse between the two and click paste and now you'll have an image.
Batken

Post by Batken »

I use my phone not a computer. Check their Facebook page or Instagram.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Thanks for the heads up. Their blog says it will come out in June:
https://www.funko.com/blog/article/spec ... hornet-pop

No Kato yet, let’s hope it’s not far behind.
Attachments
AA62AAA9-5270-46E3-A8D5-8E0A294A5A7D.jpeg
AA62AAA9-5270-46E3-A8D5-8E0A294A5A7D.jpeg (18.87 KiB) Viewed 12656 times
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Ya I think this is almost comfirmation that they will be adding GH to the '66 line, why would they get the license just for 1 pop?
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

I don't collect Pops, but this is an interesting development. Addressing THE BATPHONE's question about one license, if you're thinking of a Kato figure...who knows. I would guess it has nothing to do with the Lee estate, since Kato does not belong to Lee's estate, and there's been a number of Kato items produced that were clearly based on the TV version, but not Lee's likeness, such as the Playing Mantis/Captain Action figure from the late 1990s, or Medicom's 8-inch Kato (as part of a two-pack with The Green Hornet).

One can only hope this means Funko's hint/wink of trying to add Hornet & Kato to their 3 3/4 inch line might be a possibility after all.
Beneath Wayne Manor
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

That would be cool, though unlikely, if there was a "chase" variant with the hornets sting!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

THE BATPHONE! wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:50 pm That would be cool, though unlikely, if there was a "chase" variant with the hornets sting!
Well, one can dream!
Beneath Wayne Manor