The Green Hornet vs Batman villians

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

elmrgraham

Re: The Green Hornet vs Batman villians

Post by elmrgraham »

With Batgirl helping Batman and The Green Hornet out.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

This would be a good topic on the Bat forum.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

BilltheBat wrote:Just seems wrong for what the Hornet was written to be- by Trendle and Striker. The original idea wasn't for colorful fantasy villains, but a hero who stood up for the average citizen against criminals and racketeers the law couldn't touch because of their power or taking advantage of the limits of the law.

The Hornet's real adversaries were corruption and abuse of power like the audience was reading about in their morning paper.
Good point. But they missed an opportunity; for contrast they should've had GH and Kato fight one of the main Batman adversaries since they were starring on the Batman show, they could've even made a witty comment about being glad they're not fighting strange villains like this all ordinarily, kinda like the Robin/Kato joke about "...glad they're not in town every week."

Had Batman and Robin crossed over it would've made sense to have them fight a more grounded criminal.

cheers
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Could the GH have dealt with the '66 Joker? Doubtful.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I think he could have.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Progress Pigment wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 am Could the GH have dealt with the '66 Joker? Doubtful.

Eh? Although I've thought first appearance Joker would have worked on TGH, let's be real--TGH & K would have had the Joker screaming on the run, or end up like many of the villains on TGH series--especially the mornonic child version that took over mid season 2 - three.

I've said 1st appearance Catwoman, False Face & the greatest Mr. Freeze (Sanders) would fit TGH, but
Beneath Wayne Manor