Sad Day - Dean Jeffries Shop Planned for Demolition

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

v194

Sad Day - Dean Jeffries Shop Planned for Demolition

Post by v194 »

A very sad day for history. Dean Jeffries old shop is planned for demolition to be replaced by an apartment building. To think of the history that was created in that building now to be lost.
https://planning.lacity.org/pdiscaseinf ... /MjE3Nzg00

***Mod Edit - Vague topic title replaced***
Owner of an Original TV used Black Beauty
Learn the history of the 2 cars at:
http://www.theblackbeauty.com
BATWINGED HORNET

Re: Sad day - Dean Jeffries Shop Planned for Demolition

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

That is sad, but I am not at all surprised with predatory real estate development in California. In a perfect world, the shop should have been bought by someone who loves/collects rare cars (including TV and movie cars) and restored it into some sort of museum.

The problem is that outside of the media and some fans thinking Barris created every important TV/movie car (and we know some of the origins of that false perception) forever kicking Jeffries in the background of his own important legacy, the public does not value TV and movie cars (or their origins) as much as props & costumes,
Yes, I know about the occasional high-dollar auction, but despite that & the appearance of TV cars at a convention or auto show, the history and cultural importance of such cars is not as highly regarded. If it had been, a historic location like Jeffries' shop might have been preserved.
Beneath Wayne Manor
John Mack

Re: Sad day - Dean Jeffries Shop Planned for Demolition

Post by John Mack »

This has been a rollercoaster day for us all. On one hand, the news about the movie rights and now this. I am sad to hear of this, but I suppose there's more money in apartments then in a museum. Very sad indeed Karl.
Music. BAT! Music.