New Movie house has the GH rights!

Post by v194 »

Owner of an Original TV used Black Beauty
Learn the history of the 2 cars at:
http://www.theblackbeauty.com
Ben Bentley

Re: New Movie house has the GH rights!

Post by Ben Bentley »

Interesting that there’s finally some movement on this. Things seemed to go radio silent after the 2016 project Paramount were starting to mount was seemingly abandoned. I’m wondering if their option expired, or if this could still end up being a co-production with Paramount?
v194

Post by v194 »

No their option expired. This is a whole new development. Hopefully it will be taken seriously. I am told that the two involved are real fans of the character so fingers crossed.
Owner of an Original TV used Black Beauty
Learn the history of the 2 cars at:
http://www.theblackbeauty.com
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Sort of unsure about this. It will come down to money, or course: spending on one of the better screenwriters with a track record with this kind of material, and for once, Kato does not have to be based on, or in any way reference Lee. The characters were successful & a major part of pop culture long before the Dozier series.
Beneath Wayne Manor
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Good news Karl! I am guardedly optimistic about this, and want to stay positive for a serious movie. The Rogan farce was such a bad movie, although I did like the "trap" scene in which they were almost buried alive in the Black Beauty.

Thank you for sharing this. Hopefully we'll see our heroes back on the screen in a serious production. What do you think Brit Reed should be? A newspaper publisher is not the prestigious position it once was.
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Well there are two camps aren't there? Folks who like the modern superhero movies and folks who don't. Personally I'm not a fan of the rubber suited Batmen or the CGI Avengers but there have been a few good movie versions in the past 30 years I've liked, just none recently. Dick Tracy, The Rocketeer, The Shadow and The Phantom were all movies I liked a lot. Green Hornet fits in that vein so there's hope but Hollywood has a hard time making an actually good movie anymore so I'm with John-- not holding my breath for this.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

I just hope no more '60s Imperials are gonna bite the dust. Update the Black Beauty to a current-day Charger or something, pleeeze?
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I'm with Andy on this. Although I made an exception for Keaton's Batman because it was still somewhat in the realm of comics despite Tim Burton's narcissistic ham-handed approach, I can't get into rubber suited or armored Batman costumes or all things CGI. Thor without the iconic winged-helmet lost me as Hemsworth came across simply like a long-haired version of Superman. I have many other beefs with the 'hero' films, but, whatever.. I have no faith in Hollywood anymore and pretty much ignore anything they put out (like the comic world) - only concentrating now on the older, better stuff.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

chrisbcritter wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:13 pm I just hope no more '60s Imperials are gonna bite the dust. Update the Black Beauty to a current-day Charger or something, pleeeze?
I think a modern Chrysler 300 would be a wonderful choice for the new Black Beauty. Not sure when they first came out, but the grille looks very nice. Not sure why Chrysler stopped the production of the new Imperial because the 300 IMO was so close in styling. Anyway. That's my 2 cents.
Music. BAT! Music.
zarm106

Green Hornet and Kato Film Rights Optioned by Universal

Post by zarm106 »

Universal has optioned the rights to The Green Hornet and Kato, which comes from Amasia Entertainment.

https://www.cbr.com/green-hornet-kato-f ... universal/
Attachments
green-hornet-header.jpg
Ben Bentley

Re: Green Hornet and Kato Film Rights Optioned by Universal

Post by Ben Bentley »

zarm106 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:58 am Universal has optioned the rights to The Green Hornet and Kato, which comes from Amasia Entertainment.

https://www.cbr.com/green-hornet-kato-f ... universal/
With a glaringly obvious ulterior motive, I really was hoping that Fox/Disney was going to be the studio who ended up co-producing this with Amasia.

But that being said, it's kind of poetic I guess given that Universal put out the serials.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Good point, Ben. Its sort of a perfect bookend to The Green Hornet as a film property, because the film--whether it works or not--could be the last live-action GH production for some time, if ever again. Unlike the 30s/40s, or even the 60s, when audiences or superhero fans were more open to this kind of character in the same media landscape of Batman, Superman, et al., today's audiences--I fear--are too caught up in Marvel, Marvel and more Marvel, and rarely care for anything that is not.."Marvel-ized".
Beneath Wayne Manor
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

What would you like to see, a movie based on the radio show or the tv show? Also, would you want it to be a period piece, or have it placed in modern day?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

floatinjoe wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:23 am What would you like to see, a movie based on the radio show or the tv show? Also, would you want it to be a period piece, or have it placed in modern day?
I think either way, modern day or period, I would like to see it done in a sufficiently serious yet stylised fashion that creates a suitable context for a pulp/noir type narrative.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I would love if they went back to the characters roots and set it in the 1930s, in the time of the radio show (which I’ve been a fan of for a while). But, like Ben, I don’t really care if it’s a period piece or set in modern times, I just finally want a good GH movie!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"