Diving Deep into the Green Hornet for the First Time

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Re: Diving Deep into the Green Hornet for the First Time

Post by dell »

I find it better to do long posts in Notepad or Word than in a forum. I have had too many hiccups where long posts just disappear and can't be recovered. At least if it is Notepad I can get it back.

I agree that the criminals are pretty bland especially in comparison to Batman, but that's not really fair.

It only lasted one season and I wonder what they could have done in season 2 to keep it fresh. A recurring villain maybe? Or multi part episodes where the case took several episodes to finish the case.
dell
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

dell wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:37 am I find it better to do long posts in Notepad or Word than in a forum. I have had too many hiccups where long posts just disappear and can't be recovered. At least if it is Notepad I can get it back.

I agree that the criminals are pretty bland especially in comparison to Batman, but that's not really fair.

It only lasted one season and I wonder what they could have done in season 2 to keep it fresh. A recurring villain maybe? Or multi part episodes where the case took several episodes to finish the case.
Good to know. I wonder if there were any note worthy villains from the old radio shows or comics they could have used? I'm not really an expert on those though. I think Multi-part episodes would have been fantastic (the outer space ones don't count :D )!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
striker

Post by striker »

THE BATPHONE! wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:44 am I wonder if there were any note worthy villains from the old radio shows or comics they could have used? I'm not really an expert on those though. I think Multi-part episodes would have been fantastic (the outer space ones don't count :D )!
The Green Hornet had three major villains. These villains are not featured in the 1966 television series.
Mr. X a criminal mastermind.
Mr. Big a racket leader.
Oliver Perry a private investigator who is hell bent on unmasking the real identity of that master criminal called the Green Hornet!!