GH on Blue ray

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rsaffle

GH on Blue ray

Post by rsaffle »

I know its not an official release but has anyone seen this Blue Ray? How good is the image and quality?

***Admin Edit: Link removed as per rules.***
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Ben Bentley

Re: GH on Blue ray

Post by Ben Bentley »

rsaffle wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:24 pm I know its not an official release but has anyone seen this Blue Ray? How good is the image and quality?

***Admin Edit: Link removed as per rules.***
Just a heads up, as per our rules we don't openly advertised or discuss bootleg sets publicly. What members discuss privately is of course entirely their own business.

app.php/rules

A general piece of advice though as it applies not only to the bootlegs in question but to many:
Set expecations very low, especially when anyone is telling you that they have "remastered" a TV show. I can guarantee to within 99.9% that they have not had access to 35mm masters of the series. So what that most likely means is that they have upscaled whichever TV broadcast/syndication tape/standard def source material they are using up to 1080 resolution. This is an almost arbitrary process in terms of perecived improvement to the quality of the image as you are trying to add detail to a copy of a copy that has an existing finite resolution. I say this because I have heard people confuse this with true digital remastering which is possible with a 35mm film print - just like they did for our beloved '66 Batman show. The fine grain of 35mm film stock is still to this day far more densely populated than modern digital scanners can interpret, hence why 1080 and now even 4K scans of popular movies are completely feasible even though some of their centenearies are right around the corner. With more information to start with in the scanning processes now, the clean-up and restoration possibilities are mind blowing.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Thanks for the post, Ben. The default thought for anyone interested in seeing The Green Hornet released to the home video market should be: "Did Fox (and/or whoever owns the GH property) make an official announcement?" It won't take long to find the answer, which is no at this point, which should also be warning against buying any existing copy of the series.
Beneath Wayne Manor
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Sorry guys! My mistake. The last thing I want is to cause this site a problem.

It's an interesting world we live in when American television is being sold and shown online by foreign companies and is easily accessible in our country but is not available in the states even 54 years later. It's the only way to remove any illegal trading. Maybe the recent movie news and Bruce Lee resurgence will wake them up. Thanks Ben!
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/