Hornet Flashlight Prop

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rsaffle

Hornet Flashlight Prop

Post by rsaffle »

I wasn't sure if I could pull this off. It had to have moving parts connected by rings and then the handle and sight had to stay open and stay in place. It has been my biggest challenge yet with some very unusual angles. After I made it I had to figure out a way to get it to light up. The body ended up being smaller than a coin battery or two AAA batteries. I started reading about circuit boards to raise the amps but I ended up buying a micro flashlight and cannibalizing the parts.

Here it is...the Green Hornet tv show Flashlight! It is as accurate as possible.

I was very proud to share my creation with my wife but she simply said, "It's a pretty stupid idea to make a light have sight and a handle. You sure its not a gun?". Maybe thats why the Hornet didn't use it much. Lol
Attachments
Screenshot_20200728-181006_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200728-181020_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200728-181030_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200728-181039_Gallery.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
A. Pennyworth

Re: Hornet Flashlight Prop

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Wow! Cool fabrication, very nice!
FYI: the images I have show the gold "rings/hoops" are painted the same green color as the body, but it actually looks better left gold!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:54 pm the gold "rings/hoops" are painted the same green color as the body
Thanks Pennyworth. That color was something that I debated on with myself. I found some unclear pictures that looked greenish but I found this one that looked gold. I got it from your website by the way. lol I go there all the time. I'm not opposed to changing it though.
Attachments
GHF.jpg
GHF.jpg (26.6 KiB) Viewed 30076 times
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

I guess it could be finished either way!
Attachments
ghflashlight.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Wow, look at that sight. It looks like its got a cut through thats black and maybe a second one thats green. Could be a one piece construction sight bent around the ring. Do you see it that way? Not sure if I've seen this picture or at least this nice of quality. Great find!.
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

That looks really good. Never expected anyone to come up with a working replica of that particular gadget.
Meule

Post by Meule »

Wow, absolutely amazing... the fact that you've got it to work is fantastic
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe