Radio Program Gas Gun Prop

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rsaffle

Radio Program Gas Gun Prop

Post by rsaffle »

My 3D printed version of the Hornet Gas Gun from the '30's Radio programs and early '50's comics. This gun was drawn a little different from panel to panel so I just based it off this sketch I found online and some panels for color. I may try a different color scheme with a little more realistic approach at a later date but I tried to make this look period appropriate. Computer and Printer issues have kept me away but I hope to start knocking out some more of these as my skills improve. I would love suggestions too.
Attachments
Comic.jpg
FRONT.jpg
SIDE.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
svl

Re: Radio Program Gas Gun Prop

Post by svl »

Excellent work as always!
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

Looks great. I understand from Martin Grams and Terry Salmonson's definitive Green Hornet book that is actually from the 1952 pilot TV show that George Trendle paid to have produced himself. Both the original prop and film are lost so it's quite exciting to see your accurate reproduction.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Lounge lizard wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:25 pm Martin Grams and Terry Salmonson's definitive Green Hornet book
Interesting. Would you recommend that book? I just discovered its existence myself.
Does it show photos or art of this gun?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Really like how this turned out Randy! The weathering is a very neat finishing touch.
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

Replying torsaffle.
Certainly would recommend it. The authors were granted access to just about everything the Green Hornet Inc have including un-produced stories for further episodes of the 1066-67 series. One of those was written by Bruce Lee himself.
The only things that survive from the tv pilot is the drawing of the gas gun (which you have),the script (Waterfront Beat) and various documents that detail how Trendle tied the director down to a budget that was nowhere near big enough.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rsaffle wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:50 pm
Lounge lizard wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:25 pm Martin Grams and Terry Salmonson's definitive Green Hornet book
Interesting. Would you recommend that book? I just discovered its existence myself.
Does it show photos or art of this gun?
Martin's book is thoroughrily researched and a must for big GH fans.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Lounge lizard wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:18 am Replying torsaffle.
Certainly would recommend it. The authors were granted access to just about everything the Green Hornet Inc have including un-produced stories for further episodes of the 1066-67 series. One of those was written by Bruce Lee himself.
The only things that survive from the tv pilot is the drawing of the gas gun (which you have),the script (Waterfront Beat) and various documents that detail how Trendle tied the director down to a budget that was nowhere near big enough.
Appreciate the info Lounge Lizard and yours too Ben. I just bought the "Lets Roll, Kato" book and I'm diving into that. Now I know what's next. lol
Meule

Post by Meule »

Hard to believe that's 3D printed, looks like a real metal gun. And the weathering totally sells it.
Awesome job, Randy
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Troy

Post by Troy »

This is unfreaking believable!!!