Hornet Pocket Watch 3D prop

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rsaffle

Hornet Pocket Watch 3D prop

Post by rsaffle »

Hornet / Britt Reids Pocket Watch communicates with the Black Beauty or can activate the "buzz" signal in District Attorney Scanlon's glasses.

3D printed prop. This was an interesting build and the parts came together better than I thought but I will probably give this another try to make a cleaner model and maybe someday I can figure out how to automate the antenna movement. I used a real glass lens but the glue soaked into the face and messed it up at the last moment but I went ahead and shared it because its still cool. Proud that I was able to match the original back design pretty closely.

Thank you again to APennyworth for his web site text and images that I refer to all the time. Its hard finding info and you always step up to help me sir.
Attachments
20210127_204952.jpg
20210127_204935.jpg
20210127_204853.jpg
20210127_204840.jpg
20210127_204823.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
svl

Re: Hornet Pocket Watch 3D prop

Post by svl »

Killer as always.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Fantastic! This would be the prop I would buy should it be offered! You don't know how long and how many auctions I have viewed trying to find the actual base watch this was made from. Even posted on vintage pocket watch boards with no result. Great rendition and fabrication!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:07 am You don't know how long and how many auctions I have viewed trying to find the actual base watch this was made from. Even posted on vintage pocket watch boards with no result. Great rendition and fabrication!
I read a few of those posts while researching the watch. I very much appreciate your comments sir. You are my best resource for visual help. I already see a couple things that I could do better the next time on this watch and I need to figure out a better glass connection and then I will try and fix you up.

This is fun. Im not a perfectionist but I try to be as close as possible to the prop but still make it mostly printable. Its a kick to physically hold and play with something I would have freaked over getting as a kid.

Thanks again.
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

I have to say I really enjoy all your prop builds and post. It's amazing how well they turn out in printed form.
You do a really fine job on these. Keep up the good work, I do enjoy seeing what you do next.
:D
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

SteveA wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:10 pm I have to say I really enjoy all your prop builds and post. It's amazing how well they turn out in printed form.
You do a really fine job on these. Keep up the good work, I do enjoy seeing what you do next.
:D
I appreciate that Steve. I get a charge out of sharing them with such die hard fans. It keeps me wanting to post the next one.
I have a really funny one I hope to post real soon.

Do you know of anything from the Batman Serials that would be fun to build?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Another wonderful project! Really impressed with your recreation of the detailing on the rear which has always been one of the sticking points when people have been looking for real-life donor watches.
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Keep up the great work.You keep making items that I want done and so far I want all the props you've made I want for myself.I look forward to your next project and when we all can get the files to make our own.
Meule

Post by Meule »

Another awesome prop, Randy. If I didn't know it was 3D printed I would've believed it was a real watch. The details, especially on the back, are amazing
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

That is nice work. Of all GH props, the watch is almost always forgotten. Its great to see someone so invested in Dozierverse props, especially the kind that will never be officially reproduced.

About the antennae, have you considered some spring-loaded mechanism like that found on the more pricey writing pens? They have a pretty strong spring function and whatever locking mechanism keeping the point housed in the body.
Beneath Wayne Manor
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:15 pm That is nice work. Of all GH props, the watch is almost always forgotten. Its great to see someone so invested in Dozierverse props, especially the kind that will never be officially reproduced.

About the antennae, have you considered some spring-loaded mechanism like that found on the more pricey writing pens? They have a pretty strong spring function and whatever locking mechanism keeping the point housed in the body.
Sorry I didn't see this until now. I actually did look into that and I was suprised at how complicated the pen mechanism is. Good idea though. I may go and look again.