Gotta Share!

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

GMartin58

Gotta Share!

Post by GMartin58 »

Had to share the new outfit! I know it's not a '66 screen accurate version but it's my version! Working on a '40's mask and gas gun version as well. Now if I could just lose 30 pounds and 20 years!! Lol...
Attachments
IMG_0086.JPG
batfatty

Re: Gotta Share!

Post by batfatty »

That’s great! The coat looks vintage (in a good way).
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

That's great!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Well done! Let's Roll!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Awesome! Nice looking jacket! Is it a vintage item?
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:57 pm Awesome! Nice looking jacket! Is it a vintage item?
It sure looks that way but no...got it on Etsy from India. Fit's great on my slightly lumpy body.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Nailed the look! Looks good.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

GMartin58. Looks great! I went from 245 down to 170 lbs over a period of 6 months. I started drinking LOTS more water, taking smaller helpings of food, walking a lot more. It was that simple. Also cutting out most white bread and eating spelt bread (quite tasty, btw), and most of the Hostess products.

You CAN do this (the weight loss that is). I've done it so I can fit into my Batsuit and my classic "Lost IN Space" silver space suit.

Cheers... and Good Luck!
Larry
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

Larry A. wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:36 pm GMartin58. Looks great! I went from 245 down to 170 lbs over a period of 6 months. I started drinking LOTS more water, taking smaller helpings of food, walking a lot more. It was that simple. Also cutting out most white bread and eating spelt bread (quite tasty, btw), and most of the Hostess products.

You CAN do this (the weight loss that is). I've done it so I can fit into my Batsuit and my classic "Lost IN Space" silver space suit.

Cheers... and Good Luck!
Thanks for the rah rah, Larry. I appreciate it. I'm a vegan and have lost significant weight in the past doing mostly what you said. Sadly, we had a family tragedy several years back and food became a crutch and vehicle to cope. Now...it's time to get ME back!
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Excellent!!! With your proposed mask and gas gun upgrade it's going to be amazing!!!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Looks great! I can totally empathize with the 30 lbs lighter and younger comment. My version is more of "The Grampa Hornet" then I'd care to admit. I'd suggest black gloves and a black hatband to get closer to the traditional GH, but yours looks great nevertheless. Looking forward to the 40s version, I would love to see The Shadow and other characters from the 40s all in costume.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. This is a work in progress and looking forward to seeing how the rest of it comes together.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

If you don't mind, can you share the name of the Etsy vendor you purchased your coat from?
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

DrewMasie wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:40 pm If you don't mind, can you share the name of the Etsy vendor you purchased your coat from?
Happy to.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1102686992 ... _purchases
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Very nice costume; the hat's color is so rich.
Beneath Wayne Manor