Johnny Lightning x Mijo 1:64 The Green Hornet Black Beauty w/Figures

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Barnabas Collins

Re: Johnny Lightning x Mijo 1:64 The Green Hornet Black Beauty w/Figures

Post by Barnabas Collins »

I got one of these and it's nice. I like the silver trim. Here's a good review, including comparison to the previous Johnny Lightning versions from many years ago.

Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins

In the July 2022 Round2 product spotlight video (on youtube), they showed a new Johnny Lightning re-release of the 1/64 Green Hornet Black Beauty. Appeared to be the same car as above, but a carded version without the figures and box. Also, the base of the car in the new carded version was green vs. metallic in the Mijo exclusive shown in this thread.

Barnabas Collins
Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:06 pm In the July 2022 Round2 product spotlight video (on youtube), they showed a new Johnny Lightning re-release of the 1/64 Green Hornet Black Beauty. Appeared to be the same car as above, but a carded version without the figures and box. Also, the base of the car in the new carded version was green vs. metallic in the Mijo exclusive shown in this thread.

Barnabas Collins
I picked one up at Target today. Looks great.

Barnabas Collins
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Target is undergoing some changes...the one location’s collector section is 4’ wide. The other location I couldn’t get into due to rep Avon get the Parking lot.

Back in stock with box and figures
https://www.diecastdirect.com/product/2 ... -Lightning
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I've been looking in Target(s) all over the country this summer and no joy as yet on this. I seem to see a ton of the convertible from Dr No however...
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:17 pm I've been looking in Target(s) all over the country this summer and no joy as yet on this. I seem to see a ton of the convertible from Dr No however...
I broke down and Ebayed mine. I don't think it cost much more than if I found it in the wild but glancing, they look like they have gone up in price.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Barnabas Collins

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:17 pm I've been looking in Target(s) all over the country this summer and no joy as yet on this. I seem to see a ton of the convertible from Dr No however...
Walmart got this wave, too, and I saw one JL Green Hornet Black Beauty at a Walmart about 3 weeks ago. Haven't seen it since at other Walmarts, and not at a Target since end of August 2022.

Barnabas Collins