Green Hornet: Kato Action Figure Coming from Diamond Select (Exclusive)

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

zarm106

Green Hornet: Kato Action Figure Coming from Diamond Select (Exclusive)

Post by zarm106 »

https://comicbook.com/gear/news/green-h ... exclusive/

Green Hornet Kato Deluxe Action Figure

A Diamond Select Toys release! Kato strikes! The Green Hornet's deadly sidekick leaps into action figure form as the newest Deluxe figure from Diamond Select Toys! Standing approximately 7 inches tall, this fully poseable action figure features over 16 points of articulation and includes interchangeable parts and accessories. It comes packaged in a full-color window box. Designed by Yuri Timg, sculpted by Chris Dahlberg!

Action Figure SRP: $24.99

Shipping Fall 2022
0comments

Pre-orders open Friday 4/22 at diamondselecttoys.com
Attachments
katoaf1.jpg
katoaf2.jpg
katoaf3.jpg
Ben Bentley

Re: Green Hornet: Kato Action Figure Coming from Diamond Select (Exclusive)

Post by Ben Bentley »

I love that Diamond are leaning into their Kato range but we seriously need The Green Hornet to accompany these new busts and figures! Fingers crossed!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Yeah, as a character, whether on radio, the comics or the Dozier series, Kato loses a part of his identity without the reason (the lead character) he's in the "business" at all. Further, if these are not prototypes, but images of the actual figure, its not impressive. As i've mentioned time and again, I wuld rather see a Hot Toys version of the two, with the expectation that they would make a better version of Kato than Enterbay.
Beneath Wayne Manor
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Imma guess they're just doing Kato-- since they never did a GH Bust to match the Kate one, correct? It puts someone interested in a pair in a tough spot;

1- Buy Kato with the hopes of a GH release down the road, when that doesn't happen now you can have a figure you don't really want.
2- Hold off and see if they announce a Green Hornet to go with it, then chase the secondary market for a Kato figure to go with them.

I guess we're lucky Tonto was never played by Yul Brenner or we'd have the same trouble with LR merchandise.

A pass for me, but if they'd done GH too I would have bought both of them, and the busts too.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

I'm on the fence about this. If they make a Van Williams Green Hornet that I'm in and I'll buy Kato.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!