New GH Jacket!

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

GMartin58

New GH Jacket!

Post by GMartin58 »

I just received my new jacket and I have to say I am really...REALLY pleased. It was custom made in India and I am beyond happy with the results and the interaction with the seller. And the price was great! $180.

I did order is a bit smaller as I've dropped about 30 pounds and have another 20 to go...so yes, I am sucking in pretty good!

If you're interested...please let me know!
Attachments
IMG_0520.JPG
Ben Bentley

Re: New GH Jacket!

Post by Ben Bentley »

That looks really nicely tailored, the shoulders look perfect on you!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Looks VERY good!
Larry
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Looks good. Is it cooler than your other one?
Where did you get your hat from?
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

rsaffle wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:32 pm Looks good. Is it cooler than your other one?
Yes, much cooler. It's out of a cotton viscose so much more of a summer weight. My wife ordered the hat from France. I'm getting ready to change the hatband to a black one so it's more accurate.

If you want details on the hat...I'll get them for you.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

GMartin58 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:53 pm
rsaffle wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:32 pm Looks good. Is it cooler than your other one?
Yes, much cooler. It's out of a cotton viscose so much more of a summer weight. My wife ordered the hat from France. I'm getting ready to change the hatband to a black one so it's more accurate.

If you want details on the hat...I'll get them for you.
I guess it comes down to price range. I probably wouldn't get it if it was a lot. I would just want one for prop use.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

Yeah, looks good.
Well done on losing some lbs by the way 👍
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Looks great.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

If anyone is interested in a great jacket! Let Mihir know you are a Green Hornet cosplayer!

https://www.etsy.com/in-en/listing/1224 ... 3026763140
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yes! As someone who wears a lot of blazers you have to have summer weight and winter weight-- and congrats on the losing of weight! Never easy!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Yes, Congrats on losing weight. Been there , done that, and it IS difficult to keep it off, my Friend. Looking VERY good!!!!!
Larry
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Looks very good! Seems like a good price, especially for a customized style.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

DrewMasie wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:58 pm Looks very good! Seems like a good price, especially for a customized style.
I just sent him pics of Van in his GH coat and the guy jumped on it! Velvet collar, hidden buttons on the front and two buttons on the cuffs, and the pocket flaps! AND...custom sized, not a Small-Medium-Large-X Large sizing!!
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

GMartin58 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:03 pm
DrewMasie wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:58 pm Looks very good! Seems like a good price, especially for a customized style.
I just sent him pics of Van in his GH coat and the guy jumped on it! Velvet collar, hidden buttons on the front and two buttons on the cuffs, and the pocket flaps! AND...custom sized, not a Small-Medium-Large-X Large sizing!!
You seem to be really good at finding vendors on Etsy. I inquired about a customized long coat from a made-to-measure company called StudioSuits. I ordered some fabric swatches, and they have a Napoleon Green that would be perfect, but alas, they don't offer the hidden buttons style.

Are the pocket flaps on your new coat just flaps, or are they functional pockets? Is it lined? Is the velvet collar really "velvet", or just black material? I noticed that Van's coat went to about his knees, and yours seems slightly shorter. Was that by design?

I am putting together a Star Trek TOS outfit, and have a Captain's tunic on order from the Netherlands, but I guess that's a topic for a different fansite. With the rising cost of everything these days, another GH coat is probably out of the question for me.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

DrewMasie wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:14 am
GMartin58 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:03 pm
You seem to be really good at finding vendors on Etsy. I inquired about a customized long coat from a made-to-measure company called StudioSuits. I ordered some fabric swatches, and they have a Napoleon Green that would be perfect, but alas, they don't offer the hidden buttons style.

Are the pocket flaps on your new coat just flaps, or are they functional pockets? Is it lined? Is the velvet collar really "velvet", or just black material? I noticed that Van's coat went to about his knees, and yours seems slightly shorter. Was that by design?

I am putting together a Star Trek TOS outfit, and have a Captain's tunic on order from the Netherlands, but I guess that's a topic for a different fansite. With the rising cost of everything these days, another GH coat is probably out of the question for me.
Full pockets...fully lined...inside pockets...black velvet. I think it's the angle of the picture that it looks shorter...I think it's about at my knees, but then I'm 5'7" and Van was 6'!