I am NOT the Riddler!

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

GMartin58

I am NOT the Riddler!

Post by GMartin58 »

So every time I go out in public as the GH...I get large number of younger people calling me, The Riddler! I was watching the 1940's serial where the GH leaves his seal behind so I took that as inspiration and made up these cards to hand out. So now when someone calls me "The Riddler" I just hand them a card. I've included a bit of history on the back.

I borrowed the art work...not sure which one of you did it but it's fantastic! If you're interested, let me know and I'll be glad to share the files. Local print shop did 100 on card stock for about $35!
Attachments
56D8C3DC-3338-41EB-B141-EE0DF7876124.jpeg
56D8C3DC-3338-41EB-B141-EE0DF7876124.jpeg (66.08 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
Therin of Andor

Re: I am NOT the Riddler!

Post by Therin of Andor »

GMartin58 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:35 pm So every time I go out in public as the GH...I get large number of younger people calling me, The Riddler! I was watching the 1940's serial where the GH leaves his seal behind so I took that as inspiration and made up these cards to hand out. So now when someone calls me "The Riddler" I just hand them a card. I've included a bit of history on the back.
Great idea!

It is one of the aggravating things about cosplay. You anticipate all the things you know people are going to shout at you. ;)
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

That's awesome. You might consider including some contact information for yourself in case a cosplay photographer or fan wants to include you in a video or make photos available. Maybe you could create a separate email such as "GMCosplay" or "LRK" (Let's Roll Kato). Just a thought.

You might consider something like these pins to give to people too. I have a couple of sets of 1966 Batman pins that I bought for that purpose.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/738323498/ ... ed-1&frs=1

I watched some of the 1940s serial recently, and noticed that GH was able to gas the bad guys from 10 - 15 feet away, while the TV version had to be within a few feet. I often wondered why he didn't have a gas grenade he could toss into the crook's lair, or launch from the Black Beauty to take out the bad guys.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

DrewMasie wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:14 am That's awesome. You might consider including some contact information for yourself in case a cosplay photographer or fan wants to include you in a video or make photos available. Maybe you could create a separate email such as "GMCosplay" or "LRK" (Let's Roll Kato). Just a thought.
I thought about adding an email but didn't want to have my personal info out there...didn't think of a different address. Next Time!!
striker

Post by striker »

DrewMasie wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:14 am ...... I often wondered why he didn't have a gas grenade he could toss into the crook's lair, or launch from the Black Beauty to take out the bad guys.
This 2018 Green Hornet Fan film employed the exact concept that you suggested. They took the old concept of the gas gun and modernized it.

https://youtu.be/M2Y8YFBdNzc?t=842
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

A little too R-rated for my taste, but yeah, he should have multiple weapons. Made GH look like a skilled fighter, which I liked, except he left his DNA (blood) all over the crime scene.