Glove Conundrum

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

GMartin58

Glove Conundrum

Post by GMartin58 »

I've had the darnedest time trying to find the right kind of gloves for my GH outfit...without paying $$$. I live in a rather hot area so I've been searching for some unlined gloves with the three lines on the back but have had very little luck. Most of the great looking gloves are lined for winter and that makes for really hot hands!! I've tried three different types and have sent them all back. I've tried the short police kinds which are really hard to get on and uncomfortable to wear. The gloves Van and Bruce wore had a button on the cuff but it was to the side.

Any thoughts from the group on this? Am I being a bit too anal?!
Attachments
Gloves.png
DrewMasie

Re: Glove Conundrum

Post by DrewMasie »

Tough Gloves makes an unlined leather glove which is what I used. TD302 Tough Gloves Ultra Thin Patrol Cabretta. They are available on Ebay and Amazon. https://a.co/d/bH3rCxg
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

First of all, this is the right place for detail, no matter how anal! haha

The gloves Drew suggested look like a great option for the price, this side of having a custom pair made with the correct cuff length and snap location.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

I have purchased other gloves with a similar style, but they came S, M, L instead of actual glove sizes, so didn't fit well enough to be practical. While these are a little hard to get on and off, they fit well and I can actually pick things up without difficulty. They offer another model that is touch screen capable. I've considered buying another pair so I don't ruin my display pair.

I've read some people dip them in water then put them on until dry for a tighter fit, but that wasn't necessary for me.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

GMartin58 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:11 pm I've had the darnedest time trying to find the right kind of gloves for my GH outfit...without paying $$$. I live in a rather hot area so I've been searching for some unlined gloves with the three lines on the back but have had very little luck. Most of the great looking gloves are lined for winter and that makes for really hot hands!! I've tried three different types and have sent them all back. I've tried the short police kinds which are really hard to get on and uncomfortable to wear. The gloves Van and Bruce wore had a button on the cuff but it was to the side.

Any thoughts from the group on this? Am I being a bit too anal?!
G. Martin, There is being accurate and there is being anally accurate. You are wanting to be accurate, imho. If You were to put out that You wanted a specific type aof glove, no matter WHAT the cost, then that, imho, is being anal! YOU, sir ARE NOT being anal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that You find the gloves that You need! Cheers, my Friend!
Larry
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

I try to be as accurate as I can manage, which is why I have multiple hats, gloves, masks, etc. I have come to the conclusion that unless you are making an exact replica for the Smithsonian that little things like snaps don't matter. You could always punch a hole in the glove and add a small silver button or snap if it's that important to you. Your sleeves will cover it anyway.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

DrewMasie wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:07 pm I try to be as accurate as I can manage, which is why I have multiple hats, gloves, masks, etc. I have come to the conclusion that unless you are making an exact replica for the Smithsonian that little things like snaps don't matter. You could always punch a hole in the glove and add a small silver button or snap if it's that important to you. Your sleeves will cover it anyway.
Say it, PREACHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AMEN AND AMEN, DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

There is ALWAYS a way!
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

DrewMasie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:04 am Tough Gloves makes an unlined leather glove which is what I used. TD302 Tough Gloves Ultra Thin Patrol Cabretta. They are available on Ebay and Amazon. https://a.co/d/bH3rCxg
Well I broke down and bought a pair. We'll see what comes.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

GMartin58 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:08 pm
DrewMasie wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:04 am Tough Gloves makes an unlined leather glove which is what I used. TD302 Tough Gloves Ultra Thin Patrol Cabretta. They are available on Ebay and Amazon. https://a.co/d/bH3rCxg
I'll be waiting for you to say "they fit like a glove".
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

DrewMasie wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:48 pm
GMartin58 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:08 pm
I'll be waiting for you to say "they fit like a glove".
Damn...I don't want to say this...they fit like...a glove! They are tight but time will help with that. Thanks for the recommendation.