Black Beauty Replica

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

GMartin58

Black Beauty Replica

Post by GMartin58 »

This doesn't happen every day...

My wife asked me if it were possible to make any money with a Black Beauty replica!?! Taking it around to car shows like Clint Young does with his Batmobile. After I fell off the floor...(!!!!)...I spent some time looking online. I know Karl Kirchner has a website about some of the cars but anyone know any more information?

It may take me a few days to recover from the shock!

GH Greg
Larry A.

Re: Black Beauty Replica

Post by Larry A. »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

There are a number of nice looking replicas out there.

Here are two that are online for rentals for personal or show use.

https://carsasstarsrentals.com/cars/black-beauty/

"Limodoc"/Anthony Taffuri

https://starcarcentral.wordpress.com/tag/black-beauty/

Mark Truman
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

I've seen a Black Beauty replica a few times at various conventions. They were basically static displays, so not sure how you would make money unless you use it for photo opportunities. Taking it to various cons and car shows would probably be fun, but you might also have to have a separate vehicle to transport it, and you'd have to have a place to store it. If you have a spare couple hundred thousand dollars lying around anything is possible.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

DrewMasie wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:47 pm If you have a spare couple hundred thousand dollars lying around anything is possible.
I was kinda hoping to put out a tip jar here in the forum to see what I get. Maybe some gas money? :D
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Start a Patreon account. In exchange for a sticker or card, I'll throw in a couple of bucks.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

DrewMasie wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:42 am I'll throw in a couple of bucks.
Wow, thanks! Only $199,998.00 left to go!! LOL!!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

I would be happy if someone made a 1/6 scale Black Beauty. I'd be all in for the production of that.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:44 pm I would be happy if someone made a 1/6 scale Black Beauty. I'd be all in for the production of that.
Maybe Joost at Jazz Inc could be persuaded, but honestly, given the rightful price point of their 1/6th Barris Batmobile, I honestly doubt that there are enough Hornet fans willing to pay $2k+ for such a thing.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I've have been working on a Mego sized Black Beauty but I'm not sure if I can pull it off. My 3D skills design skills need some more time. Also, the 4 door Mego vehicle is hard to design without making it huge.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BATWINGED HORNET

Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:05 pm
BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:44 pm I would be happy if someone made a 1/6 scale Black Beauty. I'd be all in for the production of that.
Maybe Joost at Jazz Inc could be persuaded, but honestly, given the rightful price point of their 1/6th Barris Batmobile, I honestly doubt that there are enough Hornet fans willing to pay $2k+ for such a thing.
I agree that the market would be limited for such a replica, but one bit of hope is that Jeffries's Black Beauty does have a fanbase (outside of the series) by those who were/are into custom cars from movie and TV series, and buy diecast cars. Perhaps they're not enough to warrant the production of 1/6 scale car, but some of that crowd would be interested.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Has anyone talked to these GHBB fans outside of theseries to see if they wanted one?
Larry
BATWINGED HORNET

Larry A. wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:03 pm Has anyone talked to these GHBB fans outside of theseries to see if they wanted one?
Just from personal friendships I know a few who bought the 1:18 Auto Art TV-BB, and collect other TV and movie cars in that scale, so they definitely love the TV-BB. Whether or not there are others out there who love the car to the point they would spend over $1000 on a 1/6 car (or have the room to display it) is another matter.
Beneath Wayne Manor
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Can’t tell if this Black Beauty in Michigan is still for sale or not, but ..

https://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=20235
BATWINGED HORNET

Reading the history of the car up for sale, it seems to be more tied to the man who had nothing to do with its creation--George Barris--than the original car. There's no way I'd pay that kind of money ($87,035.00) for a glorified knock-off.
Beneath Wayne Manor