Kato figures from Diamond Select Toys

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

DrewMasie

Kato figures from Diamond Select Toys

Post by DrewMasie »

For anyone interested, Diamond Select has two new Kato figures available for pre-order. There is a diorama and posable figure that join the Kato bust. Nice to see new Green Hornet merch, particularly since Enterbay Kato is so pricey.

https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/kato-gallery-diorama/
Ben Bentley

Re: Kato figures from Diamond Select Toys

Post by Ben Bentley »

I'm excited that we're seeing new stuff, but so far the Green Hornet himself is missing from any of the new releases in favor of yet another Bruce Lee cash in. I get that Lee is ultimately why the show is remembered beyond it's dedicated fan-base but...
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:42 pm I'm excited that we're seeing new stuff, but so far the Green Hornet himself is missing from any of the new releases in favor of yet another Bruce Lee cash in. I get that Lee is ultimately why the show is remembered beyond it's dedicated fan-base but...
Yes, totally agree. There should be a GH figure to go along with the diorama and action figures. Kind of frustrating that they're not offering the main character. Guess it's analogous to having a new line of Tonto figures, but no Lone Ranger.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Mezco Alfred and Funko Robin the Boy Wonder meet today’s new arrival, ReAction Super7’s Kato! Well, it's a 3.75" Bruce Lee figure, but he still works.

Alfred and Robin and Kato by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:42 pm I'm excited that we're seeing new stuff, but so far the Green Hornet himself is missing from any of the new releases in favor of yet another Bruce Lee cash in. I get that Lee is ultimately why the show is remembered beyond it's dedicated fan-base but...
I was thinking of buying some GH-related items for a relative, but as others have mentioned the lack of GH in recent releases, I had to finds other things to purchase as gifts. Kato--or Lee does not represent The Green Hornet TV series alone, and that applies to merchandise.

A bunch of Katos on a shelf just lack any appeal to me.
Beneath Wayne Manor
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

The Johnny Lightning Black Beauty 1/64 comes with a GH and Kato figure and is listed on Amazon for $21.99. As a symbol of the series it's not too bad. There's also a reproduction GH lunchbox (if you're into that kind of thing) for about $25 - $50 on ebay.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

The Batman & Green Hornet Comic crossover is out there too.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

DrewMasie wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:51 pm The Johnny Lightning Black Beauty 1/64 comes with a GH and Kato figure and is listed on Amazon for $21.99. As a symbol of the series it's not too bad. There's also a reproduction GH lunchbox (if you're into that kind of thing) for about $25 - $50 on ebay.
Forgot about the Green Hornet and Kato Pops by Funko. Still available in a 2-pack at Walmart for under $25.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

DrewMasie wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:51 pm The Johnny Lightning Black Beauty 1/64 comes with a GH and Kato figure and is listed on Amazon for $21.99. As a symbol of the series it's not too bad. There's also a reproduction GH lunchbox (if you're into that kind of thing) for about $25 - $50 on ebay.
He has the original GH lunchbox, so I passed on the reproduction. About the Black Beauty, I knew about the Johnny Lightning release, but thought about getting a restored Corgi instead.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Interestingly the Kato Diorama has disappeared from the Diamond Select website. It's just listing the regular action figure and the larger bust.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I just got my notice that Kato shipped.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:19 pm I just got my notice that Kato shipped.
The stand alone figure?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Here's the figure. He appears about 7" tall, and has some nice accessories.
IMG_5793.jpg
IMG_5792.jpg
Somewhere I have a 3-3/4" Kato on a card. I bought that for the old 1/18 scale car, but it didn't appear to fit.

also found this while routing around in the basement - yup, thinning the heard.
IMG_5802.jpg
IMG_5803.jpg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Lou Szabo, that COLLECTOR'S EDITION GH Book should contain a green penned Van Williams autograph inside.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

The figure looks great! Thanks for sharing some in-hand photos, Lou! I really, really want them to do a Van to go with it.