Movie Update

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

GMartin58

Movie Update

Post by GMartin58 »

Regarding the new movie written by David Koepp and directed by Leigh Whannell. I sent David a note of encouragement and received this back:

"Greg, thank you so much for this note! Leigh Whannell and I will endeavor to do our absolute best! To keep the spirit of the Hornet and Bruce Lee and all the parts we all love alive, while bringing it into the present day. Not so easy, my friend, not so easy at all. But this is gonna be great. Really appreciate your note."

Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!
BiffPow

Re: Movie Update

Post by BiffPow »

I wish that they would just set it in the 1960s, like they did “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.“ movie. It was a fun era and you do not have to account for writing in modern issues or technological advances. And, like my son said: the 1960s car designs (like the Black Beauty) were a lot better then.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

BiffPow wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:40 pm I wish that they would just set it in the 1960s, like they did “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.“ movie. It was a fun era and you do not have to account for writing in modern issues or technological advances. And, like my son said: the 1960s car designs (like the Black Beauty) were a lot better then.
You've got THAT right!.
Larry
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

That's great to hear that David got back to you, he seems like a nice guy and i'm told by a mutual connection that he is a big fan of the show and it's part in the Hornet's legacy.

I was working with one of the producers of the new GH movie on a different project last year and from my conversations with her, I get the feeling that we're in fairly solid hands as far as a treatment that will suit the noir/pulp origins of the character. It seems to be the common consensus is that nobody wants to retread anything close to Seth's territory and rightfully so.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:32 pm It seems to be the common consensus is that nobody wants to retread anything close to Seth's territory and rightfully so.
I’ll quote Larry, above:

You’ve got THAT right!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Amen Brothers, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
striker

Post by striker »

GMartin58 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:56 pm Regarding the new movie written by David Koepp and directed by Leigh Whannell. I sent David a note of encouragement and received this back:

"Greg, thank you so much for this note! Leigh Whannell and I will endeavor to do our absolute best! To keep the spirit of the Hornet and Bruce Lee and all the parts we all love alive, while bringing it into the present day. Not so easy, my friend, not so easy at all. But this is gonna be great. Really appreciate your note."

Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!
There was some news about the animated series from Kevin Smith about a week ago. Looks like the scripts are done and now the money people need to decide if it is worth to move forward with production.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/kev ... es-update/

The Amasia Entertainment has produced two Indie style movies in the past three years. The Hornet movie with Universal is going through that usual "Hollywood Production Process" at the speed of a turtle. At least the project seems to be still alive. As the script writer fellow said, "Not so easy, my friend, not so easy at all." Let's see if they have anything to share by the next San Diego Comic Con.

https://amasiaentertainment.com/films/