Captain Action Green Hornet has no tie

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatToys

Captain Action Green Hornet has no tie

Post by BatToys »

This is my Ideal 1967 Green Hornet direct from the box. Picture taken with toy under glass. I had wondered why Ideal had not added the tie as they were so meticulous for example adding a yellow lining to the jacket that no one sees. When Greenway first did auditions the actors had the white scarf but no tie. My guess Ideal was given those photographs. (The Polar Lights Green Hornet reissue had a tie though they made intentional changes so it would not be confused with the original.)
Attachments
20230310_000620_compress48.jpg
20230310_000610_compress97.jpg
BatToys

Re: Captain Action Green Hornet has no tie

Post by BatToys »

Ideal has the hat colors inverted. Could be a mistake but I believe the designer of the costumes was a fashion designer. Many of the costumes are designed in a way like a real clothes. The Lone Ranger shirt has no buttons in the back but is a pullover which adds to the realism. I'm guessing the designer did not like the hat all green so he changed it to black with a green band... unless the hat in auditions was that color.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Is the 1967 Green Hornet costume set common?
gerryd54

Post by gerryd54 »

They felt they could get away with no tie. Also, the mask is the early design which much of the merch also used. I thought Ideal did a pretty good job and loved it when I got it Christmas morning. People were a little less picky back then unlike now where you have people picking apart Hot Toy and Sideshow figures because a crease in the cape isn't there.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

gerryd54, do you think the Captain Action black not green hat was based on a prototype from the TV show?
gerryd54

Post by gerryd54 »

No, I don't think they felt it was important. If you look at the other costumes they put out you can see the same thinking
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

I wonder how many units of Captain Action Green Hornet did Ideal make?

Does anyone know if any of the original art from the Captain Action mini yellow comic book was ever found?
Attachments
Screenshot_20230122_070450_Facebook.jpg
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

I think this is from the mini comic. Not original art, but appropriate for GH forum and Captain Action topic.
Attachments
AAA1D1C0-BBD2-4801-B81A-1EACE26A90DF.jpeg
AAA1D1C0-BBD2-4801-B81A-1EACE26A90DF.jpeg (39.88 KiB) Viewed 1063 times
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

BiffPow wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:26 pm I think this is from the mini comic. Not original art, but appropriate for GH forum and Captain Action topic.
Thanks for posting the GH part of the mini-comic!
Beneath Wayne Manor
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

👍