New Green Hornet toys

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatToys

New Green Hornet toys

Post by BatToys »

Now that a new Green Hornet movie has been green lit, there will be new toys. But I wonder if any based on the TV show?

And will the new Green Hornet costume be based on the TV show?

If the new movie is a hit then I think the TV show costume will come up for auction to take advantage of the attention.
AndyFish

Re: New Green Hornet toys

Post by AndyFish »

I'd be surprised if this actually gets made, a lot of these announced projects die in development. But if it does, I'd look to the previous release to get an idea of what path they'd follow in terms of Merchandise.

SCREEN RANT is predicting it will be a darker edgier version, since the director is based in Horror Films.

The one that bombed was derivative of the TV Show, so that could make them lean towards a different direction, but right now Green Hornet, Lone Ranger, The Shadow and even Zorro (all in stages of development) are somewhat toxic properties for investors.
striker

Post by striker »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:37 am I'd be surprised if this actually gets made, a lot of these announced projects die in development. But if it does, I'd look to the previous release to get an idea of what path they'd follow in terms of Merchandise.

SCREEN RANT is predicting it will be a darker edgier version, since the director is based in Horror Films.

The one that bombed was derivative of the TV Show, so that could make them lean towards a different direction, but right now Green Hornet, Lone Ranger, The Shadow and even Zorro (all in stages of development) are somewhat toxic properties for investors.
Excellent points.

Although the project is still listed on Amasia Entertainment and the imdb page for the director Leigh Whannell, I wonder why they are not releasing any news to keep the publicity for the movie alive. The director was hired June 2022. I hope they release something on or before the next San Diego Comic Con. We will see.

Lone Ranger was an utter disaster for Disney. The Shadow was ok but it did not catch fire. There is unrelenting competition from giants like Marvel and DC. So, as you mentioned investors may balk at putting money on a big budget production. Given the circumstances, the risk is just too high. The only way out is to hire a director that can pitch novel ideas and is good at keeping the budget tight. He needs to take a small budget and make a movie that looks and feels like a 150 million budget.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

striker wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:48 pm
AndyFish wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:37 am I'd be surprised if this actually gets made, a lot of these announced projects die in development. But if it does, I'd look to the previous release to get an idea of what path they'd follow in terms of Merchandise.

Although the project is still listed on Amasia Entertainment and the imdb page for the director Leigh Whannell, I wonder why they are not releasing any news to keep the publicity for the movie alive. The director was hired June 2022. I hope they release something on or before the next San Diego Comic Con. We will see.
The film is still in very the young stages of pre-production, and I say that with first-hand knowledge, having worked with a producer at Amasia on a different project last year. The next announcement we will see will coincide with casting news.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

New Kato action figure out but no news if they will make a Green Hornet. Maybe they're waiting to see how well Kato sells. I would think anyone who buys a Kato would want a Green Hornet.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230315_202847_Facebook.jpg
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

BatToys wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:46 pm New Kato action figure out but no news if they will make a Green Hornet. Maybe they're waiting to see how well Kato sells. I would think anyone who buys a Kato would want a Green Hornet.
I'm one of the fans who would want a Green Hornet in this scale. Everyone knows about the popularity of Lee, but Kato without the Hornet is simply not that exciting. The characters were always a package deal.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Speaking of toys, someone recently mentioned the existence of the Lakeside "Green Hornet" bendy figure of 1966. I found one in good condition for a reasonable price. Just gave him a bit of a facelift. Goes well with the modern NJ Croce figures for "Batman '66". Maybe there will soon be new GH bendies?

Green Hornet arrives by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:44 pm
BatToys wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:46 pm New Kato action figure out but no news if they will make a Green Hornet. Maybe they're waiting to see how well Kato sells. I would think anyone who buys a Kato would want a Green Hornet.
I'm one of the fans who would want a Green Hornet in this scale. Everyone knows about the popularity of Lee, but Kato without the Hornet is simply not that exciting. The characters were always a package deal.
Agreed! But that being said, i'm going to grab one of these Katos to A) Support the line and B) Not get bitten in the ***Censored on this rated G site*** if they do the GH down the line and then suddenly have to pay after-market prices on Kato. It still somehow astounds me on a weekly basis when I see the current day after market prices on cheaper end '66 Batman items that we took for granted when they were released ten years ago. Even a Mattel Batmobile for 6" scale figures will now run you at least four or five times what most of us paid back in 2014.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

Ben...such is the life of a toy! Who knew when we were kids that some of the Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars we smashed and crashed would be worth a huge chunk of change...and don't get me started on my original GI Joe!!! Lol.