Antique Store Haul

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

GMartin58

Antique Store Haul

Post by GMartin58 »

Went antiquing today and found some GH merch! The Corgi Black Beauty has seen better days but I'll do some TLC work on it to try and restore it. The others are the Captain Action GH...one is the KB Toys version from 1998 and the other is the newer Playing Mantis version. Sadly...no box for the KB Toys version. The nice thing is the KB Toys version is the actually Capt. Action doll while the other is only the outfit.
Attachments
IMG_0225 2.jpeg
BATWINGED HORNET

Re: Antique Store Haul

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Great find! I don't believe i've ever seen any of the Playing Mantis / Captain Action figures or uniforms in an antique store. I hope it was not too expensive.

The uniform set addressed some fan desires for a more TV version Green Hornet, despite the fact the 1998 Green Hornet mask was an accurate copy of the 1967 Ideal version.

You mentioned the idea of restoring the Corgi Black Beauty, well there's a great restoration channel on YouTube called Paul Restorer, and he worked some serious magic on the Corgi Black Beauty:

Keep us posted if you attempt to restore it!
Beneath Wayne Manor
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

Fantastic! Thank you.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Simply AWESOME, my Friend. You really scored nicely!!!!!!!!!! Now if only they would issue an "Action Boy" with a Kato outfit!

Cheers!
Larry
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Congrats! I really like the Playing Mantis version.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

The wife got busy today and after I put up shelves...she decorated! (with a wee bit of Batman and what's Elvira doing in there??) ((It's a small collection but I like it!))

Let's Roll Kato!!
Attachments
IMG_0229.jpeg
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

That is a VERY nice display. It gives me some ideas for my 1940s Bat Man things. Awesome!
Larry