GH Movie News

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

DrewMasie

GH Movie News

Post by DrewMasie »

Just saw this article on Giant Freakin Robot about possible casting for the Green Hornet.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/c ... eboot.html
GMartin58

Re: GH Movie News

Post by GMartin58 »

Hmmmm.....Captain Kirk, Steve Trevor...now Dungeons & Dragons. Hmmmmm....Britt Reid?
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Yahooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW Chris would be GREAT! It does depend on who they get to play Kato.
Larry
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Ugh. I do not like the idea of Pine as Reid. He was a lousy Kirk, and would only look like a stunt-casting distraction from the character, a problem i've had with some of the Marvel movies.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:59 pm Ugh. I do not like the idea of Pine as Reid. He was a lousy Kirk, and would only look like a stunt-casting distraction from the character, a problem i've had with some of the Marvel movies.
I'm interested as to how Chris Pine would qualify as stunt casting in this instance?

He's a current-day, go-to A list actor with experience in dramatic, action and genre roles. If our definition of "stunt-casting" is now simply attaching a name-brand face to a project in order to garner interest, then that's moot because the industry has been doing that for a century and counting. I understand and appreciate that his Kirk was not for everyone, but that seems like an unfair measuring stick if used outside the context of his entire body of work to date.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:59 pm Ugh. I do not like the idea of Pine as Reid. He was a lousy Kirk, and would only look like a stunt-casting distraction from the character, a problem i've had with some of the Marvel movies.
I agree Pine was a poor Captain Kirk. I'd rather see a CGI of a TOS Shatner as Kirk. Plus JJ Abrams lobotomized Star Trek. They should let Seth MacFarlane handle it.