https://www.ebay.com/itm/145019084931

Opens at $34K.

Made me smile.
Attachments
D3223884-DE63-43FB-8679-B13527ABFC9B.jpeg
gerryd54

Re: 1966 Chrysler Imperial GH tribute on eBay

Post by gerryd54 »

very nice but that creme color interior leather would be a problem.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

gerryd54 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:26 am very nice but that creme color interior leather would be a problem.
Yes, completely agree on that. I suppose it could be reupholstered.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

Close...but at $35K???? Nope...nope...nope. At least it's a 66.

BUT...Let me ask you this...with the thought that there is a new movie in the offing...what car would you think COULD be a new Black Beauty?
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

I still hope that they set it in the 1960s and use a 66 Chrysler Imperial. That way, they don’t have to address any of the new technology or political issues and can just do straight storytelling. Just like they did the “Man from UNCLE“ movie.

Or, they could go the way they did with “The Shadow,” and set it back in the 1930s and use a modified Lincoln Zephyr!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

GMartin58 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:51 am Close...but at $35K???? Nope...nope...nope. At least it's a 66.

BUT...Let me ask you this...with the thought that there is a new movie in the offing...what car would you think COULD be a new Black Beauty?
Unless the film is an adaptation of the Dozier series, no part of it--including the Black Beauty--should be inspired by the series. As much as I love the Dozier GH, the characters had a life long before TV, and a basic, strong foundation that could be brought to the present day without fanservice, and especially a Kato not based on Lee.

About a car base for a new Black Beauty...I think it should be a completely original design with no "roots" of another / existing car. Give the characters their own, threatening edge with a car unlike anything in the world, but clearly has a "Green Hornet" identity.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Probably an EV hybrid with stealth mode. Still a sedan?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Like buying or owning any classic car, there will always be work that needs to be done, unless you're going to pay the top possible dollar to have something in exactly the condition/style you imagined from the get go. This Imperial is no exception to that, upholstery would be a must like someone mentioned, but the real investment would be the body kit, particularly the front end, in order to create the look and profile of the TV BB. This definitely looks like it was styled towards the Rogan BB.

I would LOVE one of these as a daily driver down the line.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

My son just told me they make a Lincoln Z (formerly the Zephyr) for the Chinese market. It’s a nice looking vehicle and might make a good Black Beauty.
Attachments
B8A2621E-31B0-43D7-B023-2A710DA326FD.jpeg
B8A2621E-31B0-43D7-B023-2A710DA326FD.jpeg (83.33 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

BiffPow wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:02 pm My son just told me they make a Lincoln Z (formerly the Zephyr) for the Chinese market. It’s a nice looking vehicle and might make a good Black Beauty.
Wow! I actually like that idea of keeping it in the "family"! I've looked at the Chrysler 300 which is what Britt's/Van's personal car, the convertible, was. Some customization and voila! Black Beauty!!!!
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

GMartin58 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:18 pm
BiffPow wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:02 pm My son just told me they make a Lincoln Z (formerly the Zephyr) for the Chinese market. It’s a nice looking vehicle and might make a good Black Beauty.
Wow! I actually like that idea of keeping it in the "family"! I've looked at the Chrysler 300 which is what Britt's/Van's personal car, the convertible, was. Some customization and voila! Black Beauty!!!!
I just saw that someone else posted about the Chinese market Lincoln Zephyr in a different topic. My son was doing his own research and found it today, after finishing the first GH serial. I definitely can see a modified version of that car as a pretty sharp “Black Beauty.” Because it’s currently only available in China, it would have a bit more of a mystique in the US and Europe.

On another topic, anyone here know why Gordon Jones didn’t reprise his role as the Hornet in the serial “Green Hornet Strikes Again”?
maniac cop 5

Post by maniac cop 5 »

I had read years ago that someone in the studio's chain of command didn't feel that Jones was a dashing or handsome enough leading man.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

maniac cop 5 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:47 pm I had read years ago that someone in the studio's chain of command didn't feel that Jones was a dashing or handsome enough leading man.
Thanks for that input. I liked his performance. I wondered if he wasn’t recast or turned it down.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BiffPow wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:31 am
maniac cop 5 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:47 pm I had read years ago that someone in the studio's chain of command didn't feel that Jones was a dashing or handsome enough leading man.
Thanks for that input. I liked his performance. I wondered if he wasn’t recast or turned it down.
The same could be said for Lewis Wilson and Robert Lowery? The studio system was even more brutal on those who were not name-brand screen icons of the day. Jones, nor Wilson, nor Lowery were of the Serial-Star ilk of Tom Tyler or Buster Crabbe.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:04 am The same could be said for Lewis Wilson and Robert Lowery? The studio system was even more brutal on those who were not name-brand screen icons of the day. Jones, nor Wilson, nor Lowery were of the Serial-Star ilk of Tom Tyler or Buster Crabbe.
Ben...that's going down a rabbit hole! I think that's still going on today. Think of all the stars in Hollywood today that they keep recycling...like Chris Pine or Henry Cavill or...or... There are probably a dozen(s) other actors that would do a better job...look better...act better, but don't have the STAR-POWER to make the studios happy.