Crickets...!

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

GMartin58

Crickets...!

Post by GMartin58 »

Awfully quiet in the halls of the Daily Sentinel!
AndyFish

Re: Crickets...!

Post by AndyFish »

Yeah it happens every so often, the majority of BatFans are on Facebook. I stop in multiple times a day and comment when I can, and I try very hard to at least add something. If a majority of the lurkers did the same thing we'd have more life here.

But message boards overall are no longer very popular so this one stands as a unique place.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

AndyFish wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:43 am But message boards overall are no longer very popular so this one stands as a unique place.
I'm grateful for this group. I belong to all the FB Hornet groups but always felt this forum was especially dedicated to those that were out actually keeping it going. Yes, we're fans but this group seems more dedicated to the core of GH. IMHO...
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

The base of knowledge of many of the members here is tremendous. As are their critical thinking and sleuthing skills.
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

AndyFish wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:43 am Yeah it happens every so often, the majority of BatFans are on Facebook. I stop in multiple times a day and comment when I can, and I try very hard to at least add something. If a majority of the lurkers did the same thing we'd have more life here.

But message boards overall are no longer very popular so this one stands as a unique place.
I agree with Andy. I stop in once a day and also check my Facebook. But if there is nothing relevant to comment on I just move along. I retired last December and have been busy with a life long dream, I studied Art all through Jr High, High School and College, had my pencil and pad as far back as I can Remember. I use to sit in the summer on the front porch and try to copy the art off of the old Aurora model boxes. Anyway I love the arts but got stuck in Retail and other jobs all my life. So I've been busy making my art dream come true.I'm just finishing up on building my 3D print and paint studio.
I'm also looking at a Production and sound studio. I've been taking classes from the Stan Winstion Studios on Line and also Tony Cipriano ( A great Sculptor that does the old stuff we all remember). Today's comics have lost my interest so I look for others interested in the Golden and Silver age stuff, Tweeterhead seems to have turned their back on us (they never finished the 5, '66 Batman statues or the 2 classic Batman statues) So I want to sculpt my Own. The main stream Statue places like SideShow and Tweeterhead go with the more profitable versions of today and I can not blame them, they are after all a business. But growing up in the sixties Aurora was all we had and I still love the old stuff. So I want to create the kind of statues I've dreamed of. Right now I am working a 1939 version of Batman. Sort of a weird subject matter for The Green Hornet....lol But I wanted to continue along the line of thought started. This has been a great group and lots of fun.
I'll post photos of the finished statue once I've printed it off and painted in the proper place.
Attachments
Batman_39-Head-Shot-02.jpg
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Sometimes things get a bit slow. Maybe I'll see how the other side rolls?
Attachments
JazzKato1a copy.jpg
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

SteveA wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:48 pm
AndyFish wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:43 am Yeah it happens every so often, the majority of BatFans are on Facebook. I stop in multiple times a day and comment when I can, and I try very hard to at least add something. If a majority of the lurkers did the same thing we'd have more life here.

I agree with Andy. I stop in once a day and also check my Facebook. But if there is nothing relevant to comment on I just move along. I retired last December and have been busy with a life long dream, I studied Art all through Jr High, High School and College, had my pencil and pad as far back as I can Remember. I use to sit in the summer on the front porch and try to copy the art off of the old Aurora model boxes. Anyway I love the arts but got stuck in Retail and other jobs all my life. So I've been busy making my art dream come true.I'm just finishing up on building my 3D print and paint studio.
I'm also looking at a Production and sound studio. I've been taking classes from the Stan Winstion Studios on Line and also Tony Cipriano ( A great Sculptor that does the old stuff we all remember). Today's comics have lost my interest so I look for others interested in the Golden and Silver age stuff, Tweeterhead seems to have turned their back on us (they never finished the 5, '66 Batman statues or the 2 classic Batman statues) So I want to sculpt my Own. The main stream Statue places like SideShow and Tweeterhead go with the more profitable versions of today and I can not blame them, they are after all a business. But growing up in the sixties Aurora was all we had and I still love the old stuff. So I want to create the kind of statues I've dreamed of. Right now I am working a 1939 version of Batman. Sort of a weird subject matter for The Green Hornet....lol But I wanted to continue along the line of thought started. This has been a great group and lots of fun.
I'll post photos of the finished statue once I've printed it off and painted in the proper place.
That’s fantastic! Pursue the dream. Wish I had when I was young.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:17 pm Sometimes things get a bit slow. Maybe I'll see how the other side rolls?
John, that looks real! I had to blow up the photo!
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:17 pm Sometimes things get a bit slow. Maybe I'll see how the other side rolls?
JOHN!!!!! Pure sacrilege! LOL!!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Steve A, I agree with You!. I'm a fellow who is pushing 70 ( and it's about to push back in a couple of months, LOL) Great job on the face. Keep it up!
I look forward to seeing what You do next!
Larry
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Steve, the face reminds me a bit of Patrick Swayze.
Attachments
EFDF4907-89F4-42FA-B95F-F7FCF9FB8C0D.jpeg
EFDF4907-89F4-42FA-B95F-F7FCF9FB8C0D.jpeg (13.67 KiB) Viewed 34439 times
68EFFEB9-D395-4D6B-A83B-45A436A675EB.jpeg
68EFFEB9-D395-4D6B-A83B-45A436A675EB.jpeg (30.36 KiB) Viewed 34439 times
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

HAHA!! I Love it!!!
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

BiffPow wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:57 am Steve, the face reminds me a bit of Patrick Swayze.
Thanks Biff, I guess I had not noticed it before. I really had no one in mine when I started it. I just wanted to keep the attributes associated with Batman yet give him a realistic look. I think an earlier discussion of his costume and what materials would have been used if he was real inspired me. I also wanted to get away from posing him on a Gargoyle, gothic roof top, or gothic Bat-gargolye like every one does,(I'm tired of that...LOL) , and anyway if he was real ,back in the 1920's really through the 50s Art deco was the style. So I'm putting him on an Art Deco Roof top as well.

Not to forget Thanks Larry for the positive. Thanks guys. I'll post some of my other sculptures I'm working on in the OFF Topic section if you would like to see them. Thanks Again for the positive comments.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Do we EVER need a 1/6 scale Van Williams Hornet!
Beneath Wayne Manor
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:38 am
Do we EVER need a 1/6 scale Van Williams Hornet!
👍 Indeed. Would’ve also liked to see ANY scale Wende Wagner as Lenore Case.