Black Beauty chrome hood ornament question

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatToys

Black Beauty chrome hood ornament question

Post by BatToys »

On some pictures of the Black Beauty, there is a flat long V shape chrome hood ornament. I had always assumed it was a reflection of black paint. Was that Chrome Hood ornament on the TV show?

Also the grille looks like it's brushed aluminum and not chrome. For the model kit do you think it should be shiny chrome grille or unpainted so people can paint it brushed aluminum?
Attachments
Screenshot_20230601_180327_Messenger.jpg
rsaffle

Re: Black Beauty chrome hood ornament question

Post by rsaffle »

I'm no expert but it doesn't look like it has a hood ornament. I think that crease just catches light. Also the grill looks painted silver or anodized to me. Not chrome.
Attachments
2016-10-18_02-36-22.jpg
Screenshot_20230601_191302.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Agree.

I also think this photo settles the question about whether GH’s hat was green in fact. It certainly appears to be, and the color does not appear to be off anywhere else in the photo.
Attachments
A02A92CD-5F18-4288-B36A-037A2F54EF75.jpeg
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

In some pictures there is definitely a flat chrome ornament that fits into an indentation slot on the hood but on the Batman photo it looks like it was painted black.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Already answered on the FB page. BB1-vs BB2 had differences. BB2 had an extra chrome metal hood detail piece installed on the hood front, BB1 it was just silver paint. And BB-vs-Batmobile Batman/Robin vs Green Hornet/Kato "accident" photos were pre-production BB1 and not the way it looked on the GH show nor in the Batman crossover episode.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Interesting
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:27 am Already answered on the FB page. BB1-vs BB2 had differences. BB2 had an extra chrome metal hood detail piece installed on the hood front, BB1 it was just silver paint. And BB-vs-Batmobile Batman/Robin vs Green Hornet/Kato "accident" photos were pre-production BB1 and not the way it looked on the GH show nor in the Batman crossover episode.
Thanks for the information!
Beneath Wayne Manor