Batman music in Elvis film?

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lou Szabo

Batman music in Elvis film?

Post by Lou Szabo »

So we’re watching “it happened at the World’s Fair” (1963), when Elvis enters a future car exhibit looking for Sue-Lin in her dream car. My wife says “what are you watching, Batman”. Sure enough the music was right out of the 66 series. Also, Yvonne Craig had a role in this film.

The music is credited to Leith Stevens
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006302/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr3

Cue the twilight zone music.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
John Mack

Re: Batman music in Elvis film?

Post by John Mack »

Cool! Would love to hear that! A full three years earlier!
Also, ever noticed that the music the twins sing in the original Parent Trap movie was long before the Beate''s yeah yeah yeah? Parent trap was made in 1961!!!
Music. BAT! Music.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

John,
I knew you would be the first to respond. Thanks, that music is in the last 30 minutes.

That Parent Trap movie and Pollyanna were two of my daughters favorites. I remember hearing the yeah yeah yeah and looking up the year it was released. Even bought the soundtrack on CD for my daughter.
Some of the Batman music can be heard in the late 50’s Johnny Dollar readied episodes, as well as some Dark Shadows, and ABC movie of the week series.

It’s amazing how much music is recycled.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Nice find!! scene after 44:15 (Hit play arrow, then scroll time bar on bottom, then hit play arrow again)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5l5x51

(P.S. Sue-Lin is sleeping in the double bubbled 1959 GM Firebird III concept car!)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks A!! Yep, very Battish indeed!
Music. BAT! Music.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Szabol wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:44 am John,
I knew you would be the first to respond. Thanks, that music is in the last 30 minutes.

That Parent Trap movie and Pollyanna were two of my daughters favorites. I remember hearing the yeah yeah yeah and looking up the year it was released. Even bought the soundtrack on CD for my daughter.
Some of the Batman music can be heard in the late 50’s Johnny Dollar readied episodes, as well as some Dark Shadows, and ABC movie of the week series.

It’s amazing how much music is recycled.
Oh it is. This one of my favorite things to look for!
Music. BAT! Music.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Good call on that car. gADM made a version of it in 1/43.

For me the funny thing is my wife picked up on the music!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

it's certainly what I would call "evocative" of "Batman" music, at least during the Nelson Riddle period. But there are some music cues in the TV series "Emergency" that I swear are identical to some from " Batman. " They were also the work of Riddle, so no one was "stealing" per se, though I remember hoping Riddle hadn't charged Jack Webb for "new compositions," if he had an honest bone.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Szabol wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:48 pm So we’re watching “it happened at the World’s Fair” (1963), when Elvis enters a future car exhibit looking for Sue-Lin in her dream car. My wife says “what are you watching, Batman”. Sure enough the music was right out of the 66 series. Also, Yvonne Craig had a role in this film.

The music is credited to Leith Stevens
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006302/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr3

Cue the twilight zone music.
Olan Soule, who voiced Batman in the 60s filmation series, Batman's Scooby Doo guest appearances and Superfriends, plays Yvonne Craig's father in It Happened at the World's Fair.

The biggest Batman/ Elvis connection was that Elvis drove the Jokermobile in Easy Come, Easy Go.
Attachments
C6saeEnWsAAPKVG.jpg
cap962.2.jpg
BATPRESLEY

Post by BATPRESLEY »

Thats pretty awsome!! I saw this car in person at the Graceland Presley Motors exhibit really cool how it played a role in both television and movies!!