Yvonne's mirror image as Batgirl

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Post Reply
User avatar
Catfan
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 am

Yvonne's mirror image as Batgirl

Post by Catfan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 am

2_batgirls.jpg
I thought I would share this with the board. Someone had some fun with Yvonne's image, and did her up as the Alex Ross version.

elmrgraham
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Yvonne's mirror image as Batgirl

Post by elmrgraham » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:17 am

Excellent picture.

User avatar
Space Ghost
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Yvonne's mirror image as Batgirl

Post by Space Ghost » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:36 am

Yvonne looks good in either version, but I will always prefer the classic look on the left hands down!
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood

User avatar
dell
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:12 am

Re: Yvonne's mirror image as Batgirl

Post by dell » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:58 am

Space Ghost wrote:Yvonne looks good in either version, but I will always prefer the classic look on the left hands down!
Correctamundo
dell

elmrgraham
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Yvonne's mirror image as Batgirl

Post by elmrgraham » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:48 am

I agree.

User avatar
Riddlersgurl
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: Yvonne's mirror image as Batgirl

Post by Riddlersgurl » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:07 am

Now THAT is a Batgirl to take seriously!

The black is a nice streamlined color, and the yellow accessories really pop against it.

She somehow looks more menacing in the black outfit than the purple one.

User avatar
Scott Sebring
Site Admin
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Yvonne's mirror image as Batgirl

Post by Scott Sebring » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Space Ghost wrote:Yvonne looks good in either version, but I will always prefer the classic look on the left hands down!
Got that right.
ImageImage

User avatar
dell
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:12 am

Re: Yvonne's mirror image as Batgirl

Post by dell » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Riddlersgurl wrote:Now THAT is a Batgirl to take seriously!

The black is a nice streamlined color, and the yellow accessories really pop against it.

She somehow looks more menacing in the black outfit than the purple one.
I agree, but the black comes close to eliminating all detail as well. You get very little sense of depth; it just appears two dimensional. Compare this to Catwoman's costume which, while also black, looks much more like the purple Batgirl costume.
dell

User avatar
Catfan
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 am

Re: Yvonne's mirror image as Batgirl

Post by Catfan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 pm

dell wrote:
Riddlersgurl wrote:Now THAT is a Batgirl to take seriously!

The black is a nice streamlined color, and the yellow accessories really pop against it.

She somehow looks more menacing in the black outfit than the purple one.
I agree, but the black comes close to eliminating all detail as well. You get very little sense of depth; it just appears two dimensional. Compare this to Catwoman's costume which, while also black, looks much more like the purple Batgirl costume.
That is likely due to the photo conversion which eliminated much of the detail in the purple version.
Scott Sebring wrote:
Space Ghost wrote:Yvonne looks good in either version, but I will always prefer the classic look on the left hands down!
Got that right.
Both the purple and the black look very cool! I have wondered what an all-black cowl would look like, and the idea is interesting.

Post Reply