Hello from A Newbie!

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

SilentBird

Hello from A Newbie!

Post by SilentBird »

Hello there!

I saw other people introducing themselves like this, so I'm going to do the same. First of all, I'm not a native speaker, so I may make an error now and then. I'll try my best not to, though.
My name is Viktoria, but you can call me Vic or Bird, and I'm 20. I never really grew up with the show - which is a shame, seeing how my older siblings did, as they sent the show in the late 80's over here -, but I became a fan this year. Originally, my best friend and I just wanted to watch it ironically, but we became hooked after the first episode.

I also enjoy other comic books besides Batman, especially Flash and Green Lantern, and I really enjoy the Silver Age comics. I also cosplay, and am currently working on a Robin costume, because he's my favourite.

I hope I didn't annoy you with that introduction-topic. Oh, and I love the board!

-Bird

Johnny Hamm

Re: Hello from A Newbie!

Post by Johnny Hamm »

Vic...Welcome to the board from an oldie! ;)
I've been here along time and there are a lot of great folks here with witty conversations and keen insights so I know you will have a great time during your stay. :)

dell

Post by dell »

Welcome to the board Bird.
dell

SilentBird

Post by SilentBird »

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sure I'll feel home here!

Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

Glad to have you Bird! New blood is always welcomed here. :)
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood

60s TV Fan

Post by 60s TV Fan »

Welcome to the board, Vic! Glad to see that the show is always gaining new, young fans. And I'd say your English skills are fine. May I ask what your native language is?

SilentBird

Post by SilentBird »

Thank you guys so much! You're all so friendly! :D
My native language is German, but I talk and write English a lot. I also watch shows in English, even if there is a German dub, unless I really like the German dub itself (for example Justice League: Unlimited, which has a great dub, even though I watched it in English too). And for stuff like Doctor Who, the original is the only thing worth watching.

John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Willkommen in der Batboard mein Freund! Ich hoffe, du wirst glücklich sein hier und haben jede Menge Spaß! Scheuen Sie sich nicht, wenn Sie irgendwelche Fragen haben.

Yohan (John)
Music. BAT! Music.

Meule

Post by Meule »

Welcome aboard Vic
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

SilentBird

Post by SilentBird »

Wow, many thanks again! I haven't really gotten around to write yet, but I really like reading the board! I never would have thought that I get so many people saying hello. :D

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Welcome to the board! Glad to have you with us!