The Jetsons' Golden Anniversary!

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

AHTrois

The Jetsons' Golden Anniversary!

Post by AHTrois » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Hard to believe today marks half a century since viewers first had the opportunity to "meet George Jetson, his boy Elroy, daughter Judy" and "Jane, his wife"! 8-)

Celebrating 50 Years Of The Jetsons (September 23, 1962-2012)!

[attachment=0]9-23-1962 WVUE The Jetsons debut.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
9-23-1962 WVUE The Jetsons debut.jpg
An ad from September 23, 1962 heralding the series premiere of a new Hanna-Barbera sitcom on The ABC Television Network and former New Orleans ABC station WVUE-TV (which had at the time relocated to Channel 12 on the dial), The Jetsons, with the episode "Rosey The Robot" (prod. #V-01).
9-23-1962 WVUE The Jetsons debut.jpg (148.19 KiB) Viewed 1232 times

Space Ghost

Re: The Jetsons' Golden Anniversary!

Post by Space Ghost » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:47 pm

50 years of pure fun and enjoyment too! Love the show!
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood

SprangFan

Post by SprangFan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 am

Seriously? Fifty years after The Jetsons and I STILL don't have a flying car OR a robot maid? That's just depressing... :(

BatJaneJetson

Post by BatJaneJetson » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:56 pm

It's hard to imagine now, but like BATMAN, the Jetsons had their own Rogues Gallery of villains. Who could ever forget Knuckles Nuclear and his baby gas gun? Knuckles appeared in not one but two episodes of the original 1962 series! There was Mugsy Megaton, who had that obnoxious gorilla, Chuckles, as well as Mugsy's not-too-bright sidekick, Microbe. Then there's Mangler Mars, the dognapper who always had a cigar in his mouth and was determined to make life miserable for George. Let's not forget the Jupiter Juggernaut, who became no match for SuperGeorge! And what of Bad Bart Blaster, who terrorized a space-age version of an Old West planet?! Oh yeah...there was at least one female who was bad...Skata Hara, a James Bond-type temptress! Oh, and I forgot Solareeni, who mistreated a colony of fleas...if he had his way, he would exterminate the universe with a plague of the deadly pests...Happy 50th birthday, Jetsons!
BatJane Jetson
Member, The Super Jetsons
Family: SuperGeorge Jetson; Judy "Sparrow" Jetson; Elroy "Spaceboy Zoom" Jetson; Rosie "RoboBot" Jetson; Astro; Orbitty

Titianhairedwench

Post by Titianhairedwench » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:11 pm

i liked the film "The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones" from 1987. I was working as a nanny and the kids had this and it was pretty cute and brought back memories of my childhood. Ok, now I feel old..... :shock: