Disappointment

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Austinunc

Disappointment

Post by Austinunc » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:31 pm

Let me start off by saying that being a Batman fan is great! I can still remember the first time I saw him I was five years old and had stumbled across the animated series as my mom was flipping channels I remember being fascinated by this man in the black cape fighting a clown. I asked my mom if she knew who that was and she said of course that's batman.

From that moment on I was hooked I read every book I could get my hands on (it's how I learned to read) and watched every version of batman that I could find one of them being the 66 series. With all that being said some 15 years later I'd like to think I know batman pretty well I've seen every version there is and watched every movie, serial, animated show, and movie at least 20 times. Although I've payed that much attention to batman over the years I've also payed attention to Robin,Alfred, comisoner Gordon, and of course every one of his Villians, I'd like to say I know them pretty well too.

However lately I'm not quite sure who I'm watching I know the guy looks like batman I see on my TV whether it be in film or TV shows and I know when I pick up an issues off the comic stand it says his name across the title but people whoever it is masquerading around in a bat themed costume he is NOT batman at least not the one that I've come to know. I realize that one of the things that make batman so popular with people is that he can change and evolve to whatever the world needs him to be at the time but I guess I'm tired of having to watch the new movies or shows come out and realizing that it will not be the worlds greatest detective or the caped crusader,It'll be just some guy who looks a lot like him.

As I told you all earlier I remember the first time I saw batman and I can just as clearly remember the first time I remembered "seeing batman" and saying I'm sorry but that's not batman it was in the dark knight, you know the movie that one with all kinds of awards for being so realistic and gritty. Well it was all those things but it was also all the wrong ways in my opinion for the real batman but I figured I'd give it a chance and that maybe I was just stuck in my ways and I needed to give it time, I have and to me it's still not the batman I knew.

So ever since then it's been a steady feeling of seeing a new batman show or movie and after watching not feeling the same amazement I felt the first time and only being able to think to myself that wasn't batman. The reason I wrote this post though would have to be that I just saw the new joker that will be appearing in the suicide squad movie and all I could think is man that's not the joker either. I'm not sure what's going to happen in the future or if the version I thought I knew so well was the batman or if I'll ever see new adventures of him, maybe I'll just have to re watch and read all his old adventures and simply remember what once was. Hopefully though we may just see him again!

High C

Re: Disappointment

Post by High C » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:31 pm

I actually agree wholeheartedly with most of what you've said, but my advice is if you broke that up into paragraphs, it would be easier to read and follow. Just a suggestion from a professional writer.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17

elmrgraham

Re: Disappointment

Post by elmrgraham » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:38 pm

Excellent suggestion.