Batman V Superman Mask Toy!!

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batman Buddy 2012

Batman V Superman Mask Toy!!

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

Yellow Oval

Re: Batman V Superman Mask Toy!!

Post by Yellow Oval »

I'm glad you enjoy it, but I'm sorry I just can't get into this trend of 'Darth Vader'izing Batman. Since 2000 he is getting so far away from the character that Warner Bros. and DC have killed off any interest in him for me with their "great ideas" since the turn of the millennium.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"

Batman Buddy 2012

Huh?? Darth Vader no way sorry I like the new voice for Ben Affleck Batman sounds so much better then Christian Bale thats for sure peace!!! :) :)

AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Christian Bale's voice was laugh out loud funny to me-- it just got more and more ludicrous as the series went along. The overly melodramatic ending to the last one with a "twist" ending telegraphed in at the beginning of the movie just made it a yawner for me. I like a lot about Nolan's Batman films except Batman.

This Vader/Affleck voice is at least a sensible alternative, but I still have no interest in seeing this or spending anything on it's merchandise.

Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I echo Andy's sediments totally. I am not digging this Batman at all. I have no interest in this movie what so ever!

Batman Buddy 2012

Thats cool guys but I am liking what I see in the trailers Ben Affleck looks Great to me as Batman!! :) I will be seeing this movie on March 24th and I will give you guys my Movie Review after I see it!! :) :)

Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi BB2012, Affleck is good in his other roles, however, I'm not so certain about him as Bats. This movie looks like a pasting together of several story lines like DKR, and some idea of updating the formation of the Justice League. I never felt Bats would have been a part of the JLA, so I haven't any hopes for this movie.
It has been said that each generation redoes their heroes to match their world views. That being said, it appears to me that with a few exceptions, this generation is very uncertain about itself as that is how some of the Heroes seem to be. I admit that I was disappointed with the casting of Henry Cavill as Supes. He was OK as Napoleon Solo, but IMHO, not so much as Supes.
As far as the minor costume changes: It looks like folks are trying to separate the heroes from their roots as pulp fiction strong men and women. That's their choice, but they should not be the 1st ones to scream that "We're not being given a chance" when as a result of their change choices, the new movies tank.
And THAT's my opinion; what's Yours?
Larry

Thefanboy59

Post by Thefanboy59 »

Cool!
I have one as well.

SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Cool!
I have one as well.
It would be cool if four or five people got them and conducted a roundtable discussion in that voice! :lol:

Not my thing, either, but happy for those with a round of new toys to enjoy.

Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Larry A. wrote:Hi BB2012, Affleck is good in his other roles, however, I'm not so certain about him as Bats. This movie looks like a pasting together of several story lines like DKR, and some idea of updating the formation of the Justice League. I never felt Bats would have been a part of the JLA, so I haven't any hopes for this movie.
It has been said that each generation redoes their heroes to match their world views. That being said, it appears to me that with a few exceptions, this generation is very uncertain about itself as that is how some of the Heroes seem to be. I admit that I was disappointed with the casting of Henry Cavill as Supes. He was OK as Napoleon Solo, but IMHO, not so much as Supes.
As far as the minor costume changes: It looks like folks are trying to separate the heroes from their roots as pulp fiction strong men and women. That's their choice, but they should not be the 1st ones to scream that "We're not being given a chance" when as a result of their change choices, the new movies tank.
And THAT's my opinion; what's Yours?
There was a major difference in feelings when I left the theatre after that crappy M. O. S. movie and the original Chris Reeve movie. You either have that "IT" factor or you don't. Chris Reeve had it, Cavill does NOT, plain and simple. Warner and DC are ruining both of these iconic characters as far as I am concerned, and as Scott mentioned, I don't want to see my fav heros fighting each other. This movie is ICK, ICK and more ICK CGI. Not impressed with the trailers either, in fact, they are a major turn off for me! PASS!

SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Cavill may not have Reeve's charisma, but he comes across as a nice guy who's doing his best to honor the role within the confines of the script. I lay blame for MOS at the feet of the scriptwriter and Zach Snyder, as the real problems come down to a too-dark tone, wrong-headed choices and a nonsensical plot. Nothing Cavill brought upset me as much as "don't help anyone" Pa Kent, Kryptonian Rambo Jor-El or Superman letting thousands of innocents die while he battles Zod (only to finally decide, "Not THAT family; that's too much!" And use lethal force).

Batman v Superman seems designed to address the "collateral damage" complaints from viewers of MOS, but I don't for a minute believe that was Snyder's master plan. This film is DC trying to set up the JLA and take a short cut approach to Marvel's world-building, with none of the meticulous brainwork and loving care that made the latter so successful.

I hope Cavill finds a good franchise. Too bad he missed out on the Bond gig.

Batman Buddy 2012

I will be seeing Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice on Thursday!! :) I Know I am going to LOVE IT!! :) :) I will give my review late Thursday night!! :) :) People who have seen it already say it is Amazing AWESOME!! :) :)

Batman Buddy 2012

Thefanboy59 wrote:Cool!
I have one as well.
AWESOME I LOVE MINE!! :) :)

Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Batman Buddy 2012 wrote:I will be seeing Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice on Thursday!! :) I Know I am going to LOVE IT!! :) :) I will give my review late Thursday night!! :) :) People who have seen it already say it is Amazing AWESOME!! :) :)
Everyone it certainly entitled their own opinion, and I certainly hope you do enjoy it. There is nothing in those trailers that screams to me "WOW!" Sorry WB and DC, but I will not waste my money on this one.

Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Neither will I, my Friend. If WB wanted TDKR in movie form, then that's what they should have done and then I WOULD have paid good money to see it. IMHO, that would have been an EXCELLENT Role for A.W. to, so to speak, say "Good-bye" to the role.
For those of You who wish to see it; Enjoy! It just doesn't come across like it would be a movie I'd want to see. Maybe I will when it gets to the $1.00 Theatres, I will. But I do not plan to pay full price.

Peace to all,
Larry