Batman V Superman Mask Toy!!

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

scottmandew

Re: Batman V Superman Mask Toy!!

Post by scottmandew » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:45 pm

Holy thread hijacking, Batman! Batman Buddy 2012 wanted nothing other than to share his new purchase with the group. He even posted in "Off Topic" since it wasn't 66 Batman related. And what kind of responses does this member with only 3 posts to his credit get? Nothing but negativity toward a movie that hasn't even been released yet. Start a thread covering how you don't intend to see the movie, but for crying out loud, leave this thread to its original subject. I understand how folks in this forum might not be fans of the new Batman stuff, but some of us are. And usually around this forum, thread hijacking is a definite no-no. It certainly should be in this thread as well.
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/

Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:05 pm

scottmandew wrote:Holy thread hijacking, Batman! Batman Buddy 2012 wanted nothing other than to share his new purchase with the group. He even posted in "Off Topic" since it wasn't 66 Batman related. And what kind of responses does this member with only 3 posts to his credit get? Nothing but negativity toward a movie that hasn't even been released yet. Start a thread covering how you don't intend to see the movie, but for crying out loud, leave this thread to its original subject. I understand how folks in this forum might not be fans of the new Batman stuff, but some of us are. And usually around this forum, thread hijacking is a definite no-no. It certainly should be in this thread as well.
Thank you Yeah I Love the toys that have been coming out!! :) And i Love what I been seeing in all the Trailers Go Batman Ben Affleck!! :) :)

scottmandew

Post by scottmandew » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:10 pm

That armored helmet looks pretty cool. I bought the basic action figures of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, along with an armored Batman. I'm really looking forward to the movie. I bought tickets for the Thursday 6pm showing for me, my wife, and our son. I also plan on going on Friday morning to see it again with a friend. I just read a review from someone who saw it last night, and he gave it an 8.5/10.
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/

Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:18 pm

scottmandew wrote:That armored helmet looks pretty cool. I bought the basic action figures of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, along with an armored Batman. I'm really looking forward to the movie. I bought tickets for the Thursday 6pm showing for me, my wife, and our son. I also plan on going on Friday morning to see it again with a friend. I just read a review from someone who saw it last night, and he gave it an 8.5/10.
Yeah Thank Scott that helmet is Awesome I also got some Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman figures too!! :) Yeah I am seeing the movie on Thursday night too at a AMC and I think I will be seeing it again and again looks so AWESOME!! :) Yeah I been hearing Great reviews too someone gave it a 9 out of 10 And Al Roker gave it a 6 out of 5 Stars so AWESOME!! :) :) I will post my review late Thursday night have a great night Scott!! :)

Larry A.

Post by Larry A. » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:20 pm

You know, Scott, You are right! I apologize for my part in this "Bash the new stuff". I admit to lack of clarity when it comes to the new stuff. I can't even plead age, just a lack of interest.
I do understand how You feel, the more I think about it. My main interest is not only the Serials, but the early 1940s Bat Man and I would be more than a little bit upset if folks started dogging my interests. As I said earlier, when it gets to the $1.00 theatre, I will see it.
Again, for my part I do apologize.

Sincerely,
Larry

AndyFish

Post by AndyFish » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:52 pm

I'm not going to apologize, nor do I think anyone need to. There is no slight intended for anyone who is excited by or looking forward to Batman v Superman. I hope there's actually a story there and if it is rather than just a plot with a lot of quips then I'll eat my words. Hollywood doesn't care about scripts with these big duvet blockbusters otherwise the new Star Wars would have made sense.

I have a lot of respect for writers. Lorenzo Semple had it with the Batman pilot and even the 66 Movie. Today it's just explosion, quip, explosion, angry face, explosion denouement.

But again, if it's good I'll eat my words. I did hear on a positive note that Affleck is good (he was certainly good in Hollywoodland and Argo) and that the bat suit is actually not rubber this time around.

But sincerely, no slight intended. Batman fans unite no matter who is in the suit.

Batman65

Post by Batman65 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:54 am

Ditto what Andy said.

Larry A.

Post by Larry A. » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:28 am

Ditto what Andy said as well. In my opinion, Affleck did a MAGNIFICENT job in "Hollywoodland"! If I'm not mistaken, Affleck might have been one of the few living actors who have played 2 superheros from the same comic stable. I'm old enough to remember the sadness we kids, at the time, felt at the news of George's demise.
Andy, I apologized because I felt it was the right thing to do, though I see Your point. Let's all hope that this movie DOES work out well. What will be interesting is who will play The Flash if this leads to a Justice League series of movies. THAT's when things may get interesting!! IMHO, I would prefer the Justice Society of America over the JLA, but I suppose that's my age showing. I got to read JSA before JLA because my late Uncle brought bundles home for us kids from the Alton Boxboard Company and JLA was too new to have had their comics send there. ( They were used for making correggated Cardboard....sort of an early version of recycling :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Cheers to all,
Larry

Bat Username

Post by Bat Username » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:54 pm

I'm looking forward to Affleck's portrayal of Batman (and feel he will be a big improvement over Bale's version) but primarily in the solo film he will be directing. I also like the choice of Cavill as Superman but feel he's being wasted on films that are tonally wrong for the character. I want to see the hope and optimism of the Donner films reflected through the scale and spectacle of Snyder's.

Too bad that it sounds like Warner has made the same mistake with Batman v Superman that Sony did with Amazing Spider-Man 2. Namely, trying to jump-start their own version of The Avengers without first putting in all of the work. Unfortunately for Warner, a disappointing box office return will be much more damaging for them. There are no deals to be made to get DC's characters into a Marvel series and their Justice League plan was already hampered by the failure of Green Lantern five years ago.

Ultimately, I just don't believe The Dark Knight Returns is the best premise for a movie intended for mainstream audiences. It's a seminal work among comics, sure, but doesn't exactly deliver what casual moviegoers want from these two iconic characters. So to dilute the concept even further by only flirting with the premise- as this new film apparently does- is not a great recipe for success.

Larry A.

Post by Larry A. » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:56 pm

I agree, B.U. but I agree with a number of others, let's turn this back over to the original topic,

Say Ben, Scott, is there anyway to switch the non name topic parts of this thread to a new thread?

Thanks,
Larry

Bat Username

Post by Bat Username » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:40 pm

Yes, I'm afraid I didn't read through the entire thread before posting- merely saw that the discussion had turned to BvS.

Getting back on topic, I've had fun checking out all the merchandise for the new film, but hadn't seen the mask featured in the OP before today. I would say it's one of the cooler items that has been released. I'm also okay with the voice altering aspect, as it's a far more effective method than what Bale attempted to do. (The tv series Arrow uses a similar method of disguising Green Arrow's voice that is also effective.)

SprangFan

Post by SprangFan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:20 am

I'm with Andy. A thread about Batman v Superman toys (and by extension it's merchandising machine) is a fair place to comment about whether the film and its related materials appeal to us. This item is not generic Batman but specifically Affleck Batman, since the "Vader voice" is unique to this film.

From a design standpoint, it's a cool thing; much as we old-timers might cherish our vintage toys, the truth is technology has made possible a lot of awesome toys we could only dream about as kids, and at a reasonable price point. The mask looks good on Batman Buddy and the sound feature is fun.

But...the whole appeal of the toy is that it lets you "be" Batman. And for those of us to whom this is NOT Batman, that means it's at best an interesting novelty, and not a serious contender for our money.

Thanks to Emily Post for the etiquette lecture, though...