Happy Labor Day

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batman65

Happy Labor Day

Post by Batman65 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:19 am

I hope everyone is enjoying their time off this Labor Day 2016. Taking time off from the hectic push push of the everyday grind. I would like to take a second here to give all of my bat buddies a peek into our little corner of the world, here in Two Rivers. They had a big kite fest here on the shores of Lake Michigan, and I have to tell you, if you have never seen one of these kite fests, go if you have a chance. You and your kids will just love it. There is some really cool stuff in the air. Believe me when I tell you, some of these things are just MASSIVE! 2 days of kite flying, a great live band Saturday night, and some night flying. It really was a fun experience. Enjoy everyone and Happy Labor Day. You deserve it.

https://youtu.be/seKVMbEWu4E

elmrgraham

Re: Happy Labor Day

Post by elmrgraham » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:15 am

Happy Labor Day.

Gorshin Romero

Re: Happy Labor Day

Post by Gorshin Romero » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:29 pm

Sounds like the kite festival would be an enjoyable family event. That said, a Happy Labor Day holiday to everybody here on the Bat Board. For the record, I do like my day job and enjoy it for the most part. Nonetheless it is still WORK, and like most of us, I could think of any number of other things I would prefer doing to fill my time throughout the week. However, sometimes I start getting that feeling of "Why do I have to go to work every day to pay my bills when I would rather do other things that are much more fun?" I then need to remind myself of what it was like to be UNEMPLOYED and sitting at home on the computer looking for employers who really weren't looking for me.

THANK GOD I HAVE A JOB to go to during the week that DOES pay my bills!