Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

batmansquest

Post by batmansquest »

Hi everyone my name is Alex, and I am new here.
I have always been in love with the character of Joker, would you agree with me if I say the Heath Ledger will always be the best actor to portray the villain character?
I wear a mask and that mask it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
A network analyst at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: Newbie

Post by Scott Sebring »

Welcome to the board and hope you enjoy yourself here. Considering this site is dedicated to the 1966 show, there will be many who don't agree about Ledger's Joker. Romero is my personal favorite Joker for live action and then Hamill for animation. Ledger was my least favorite Joker personally. Ledger was a great actor but his Joker was not even the Joker to me in the end. Didn't like the Nolan films at all. But of course, to each their own. :)
ImageImage

elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Cesar Romero and Mark Hamill are my favorite Batman Jokers too.

elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Welcome to the board.

dell

Post by dell »

I really liked Cesar Romero's Joker too. I never watched any of the movies (other than the 1966 one) as they were just too dark for me. I like flawed heroes, but growing up watching the Batman TV show makes it very hard for me to see Batman as a dark character.
dell

AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I thought Ledger was brilliant in an otherwise forgettable film. I think history will not be kind to the Nolan Batman films-- they don't hold up to repeated viewings and the Bale Bat Voice is ridiculous

Having said that, Romero will always be my favorite Joker.
Welcome to the boards!

Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Cesar Romero is my favorite----I think he captured the villainous frivolity of the character. That said, I thought Heath Ledger did a decent job as The Dark Knight Joker. Nonetheless, I confess to being "old school."

Welcome aboard, Alex.

The Boss

Post by The Boss »

For me Cesar Romero will always be the #1 Joker. Jack Nicholson is a distant second Followed closely by Mark Hamill's Joker at 3rd. Somewhere after that I might rank Ledger as 4th.

Ledger was a great actor and he truly came through in that film. That is, you really believed that he was a psychopathic killer. He felt legit and did not come across as someone acting. That said, the problem I have with him is that he did not play The Joker. At least not the Joker I think of. The shear hysterical absurdity that makes the Joker "The Clown Prince of Crime" was lacking. The Joker is not just a hated villain. Because of this unique personality he is also lovable with popularity that rivals that of Batman himself. But all of that was lacking in Ledger's performance.

Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I think Heath Legdger played the role brilliantly and is how Joker is in the comics. It really gave fans the Joker they always wanted in the big screen. That being said, hands down, my favorite is Caesar Romero!

John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Welcome to the board! As Scott predicted, it's Cesar hands down around here.
I think in many ways Cesar's Joker was more devilish and at times scarrier than Heath's. Cesar Joker was playful, funny and then out of the blue he turned psychotic. With Heath's portrayal, you knew right away who you were dealing with and would just treat him that way.

How many times were our Batman and Robin taken in by the Joker's almost sane comments?The scene where they were locked in the smoke stack and told if they could swim they'd get out. All of a sudden it turns out to be poison gas and Batman and Robin are truly surprised. "But this is gas! You can't swim in gas!" And Cesar's comment..."No! But you can drown in it! Devilishly delicious!
Music. BAT! Music.

batmansquest

Post by batmansquest »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I guess we all have different preferences and I do respect yours.
I wear a mask and that mask it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
A network analyst at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.

Kirok

Post by Kirok »

Hi Alex, welcome aboard!

I act the riddler

Post by I act the riddler »

Cesar Romero is the most talented joker ever. Watch him in the tv show. Other jokers are in remade movies.
Please do not embed videos into signatures.
- The management.