What is you favorite Christmas show ever?

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Space Ghost

What is you favorite Christmas show ever?

Post by Space Ghost » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Mine are A Chritmas Story or The Year Without Santa Claus. A tie.

You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood

elmrgraham

Re: What is you favorite Christmas show ever?

Post by elmrgraham » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:52 pm

The 1966 cartoon of "How The Grinch Stole Christmas."Elmer J.Graham Jr.,Keyport,New Jersey.

The Major

Post by The Major » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Hmmm....That's a toughy. If we're talking movies, my top 5 are A Christmas Story because I live in Cleveland, The Polar Express because I love trains, The Santa Claus (1), A Very Merry Muppet Christmas and Jingle All the Way. On the small screen it's a tie between the Rankin / Bass classics and A Charlie Brown Christmas. But if I had to rank them I'd say Charlie Brown and Rudolph are tied for #1, then Santa Claus is Comming to Town and A Year Without A Santa Claus would be last but only because I haven't seen it in years. All the others I have on tape or DVD.

Related question, which holiday specials do you think are the worst? I'd vote for Grandma Got Run Over By A Raindeer and Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights as having little to no redeeming qualities myself.

btw, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Becky
Formerly known as BeckyVader

Johnny Hamm

Post by Johnny Hamm » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:28 am

A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim is my favorite...and Scrooged comes in a close second! :P
aka...JL

Wayne Faucher

Post by Wayne Faucher » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:33 am

Hate to show my age, but I'd love to see those old Andy Williams Christmas specials again!

After that, probably Rudolf, Charlie Brown and the Grinch!

Catfan

Post by Catfan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:10 pm

They would be Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town (1970), A Christmas Carol (1951 and 1984, and yes, the 1949 cheesy TV version with Vincent Price) and the 1947 Miracle On 34th Street. The FBI also did a great Christmas episode that first aired on 24 December 1972!

dell

Post by dell » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Rudolph, The Grinch (cartoon version), A Miracle on 34th Street (1947) and It's a Wonderful Life.

Does anyone remember that AWFUL remake of A Miracle on 34th Street from 1973? Sebastion Cabot was Kris Kringle and David Hartmann was the lawyer. I would rather watch Santa Claus Conquers the Martians than watch that version of A Miracle on 34th Street.
dell

Johnny Hamm

Post by Johnny Hamm » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:34 pm

dell wrote:Rudolph, The Grinch (cartoon version), A Miracle on 34th Street (1947) and It's a Wonderful Life.

Does anyone remember that AWFUL remake of A Miracle on 34th Street from 1973? Sebastion Cabot was Kris Kringle and David Hartmann was the lawyer. I would rather watch Santa Claus Conquers the Martians than watch that version of A Miracle on 34th Street.
dell, I remember watching that version a few years back. I didn't remember it from its original release, but I got a kick out of seeing Mr. French play Santa...other than that it was rather a lackluster remake. :x
aka...JL

Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:43 am

Boy, those are all great Christmas shows! :D
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood