BATMAN Made in '43 Discovered in '65!

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Larry A.

Re: BATMAN Made in '43 Discovered in '65!

Post by Larry A. »

Lord Death Man and Andy. I agree with both of You about Lew Wilson......definitely the Best straight Batman out there.

Maniac Cop 5......any chance of You showing the rest sof Your outfit? Is it Chuck's cowl?

Cheers to all!
Larry
maniac cop 5

Post by maniac cop 5 »

Larry, unfortunately you've seen as much as I have. The cowl, cape, and gloves are from Williams Studio and Lynne and Chuck did a marvelous job on them. The handwork that went into the cape is just amazing! I'm building the suit as funds allow so when I get more completed I'll show another update.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

maniac cop 5 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:29 am 43 Bat 2.jpg
Cape and cowl look amazing. It being a Williams product, there's no surprise in that.

I think that may be my t-shirt design. Did it come from TeePublic? If so, how does the print look after a wash? I posted it on that site but never shared it here, because I don't know how durable their products are (also the whole copyright thing...)

I created a desktop wallpaper from the art as well. One of these days, I'm going to finish my in-progress 1949 version.
Attachments
Batman-1943-logo_embroidered.jpg
maniac cop 5

Post by maniac cop 5 »

Thanks for the kind words. It is indeed a TeePublic shirt. Well done sir!
To be honest, I put it on right out of the package, took the pic, and then immediately put it on a mannequin along with the rest of the costume so it's never been washed. It appears to be a high quality shirt and print job though.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Australia did the Playboy theatrical route with the first serial in 1966, leading up to our TV screening of "Batman '66" in 1969!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4703&start=30#p64057
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)