What Else Interests You...?

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Mr.Freeze

Re: What Else Interests You...?

Post by Mr.Freeze »

March 31 :

Brandon Lee died 25 yrs ago :(

On a more positive note : Chris Walken turns 75 :)
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

Well, I used to collect film (i.e. 8mm, 16mm, & 35mm), but it took up too much room and I had to part with it. Right now my biggest "interest" outside of family activities has to be The Lone Ranger. I've been a fan of him since I was a kid. I am currently on a quest to put together a TLR costume. I'm at about the 75% level... just need a hat and the shirt/pants. The rest of the outfit is complete.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Which version of the Ranger are you going for, Joe? The Clay Moore?
Riddler 66

Post by Riddler 66 »

I did the Clayton Moore Lone Ranger costume back in my college days. The trick to the shirt was he had zippers from each armpit down to the waist make the shirt snug. (seriously, I know such zipper did not exist in that period...)
The trigger: one of my riddles!
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

Andy,

I'm working on a Clayton Moore version. I've been chasing down pieces for quite some time. I really like where it's going. One of the hardest things is finding the right material for the costume. The original was wool gabardine. I found a cotton twill in red that I will use to develop the pattern for the shirt. Since the comic Lone Ranger wore a red shirt, I am happier than if it was some other random color. Once I can get a good pattern going, I might search out a better material. As for the hat, it's a pricey item, and I just need to save up the cash for it. I also need to find the right hatter for the job. Baron Hats in California makes one, but I'm not a fan of it. They based it on one of the later hats he used, and I really like the shape of the block on the season 1 & 2 hats.

We'll see how it comes along. Thanks for asking.

Mike
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I've always liked the Lone Ranger but I prefer his red shirt version-- I thought Clayton's suit looked a little too much like a jumpsuit with the matching shirt and pants.
Post pics when you get it put together!
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

Most of my time is spent involved with wildlife photography--taking, matting and framing, and selling images. This involves many, many (many...) hours walking, standing, lying, mostly waiting really, outdoors, in all sorts of temperatures and conditions. I'm only inside/here typing this because it's cloudy/drizzly this morning (so not that condition...)...

Beyond that, and the costumed crime-fighting interest (I have the series Robin costume (And I make/sell the series Riddler costume (and series costume t-shirts...).).), I have a (n extremely customer service oriented) side business obtaining and selling Kaiyodo and related animal and other figures (and anything else) from Japan. I collect Kaiyodo Gashapon/miniature (extinct and modern) animals as well.

More generally, I take advantage of living half an hour from both the Jersey shore and NYC--the beach, restaurants, theater, etc. Enjoy art, architecture, most anything British (Lived in London a while.), and have very particular (quiet, humane, literary, etc.) film interests.

Get on my bike when I can. Between that and the Robin costume I wear tights more often than might otherwise be expected...

I'm vegetarian and cook regularly and accordingly. Have four (awesome) rescue cats that (mostly (okay, sometimes)) come when I call them (though one's deaf so more when I signal him with my hands...).

Have a pretty nice size collection of toys that do very cool/intricate things on tracks. If you never saw the Big Loader Construction set, it's genius; go look (I'll wait...)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_kPMKvFKx0

Have always loved new wave/alternative music (Tears for Fears, Style Council, REM, Suzanne Vega, New Order...) and am mostly stuck in the 80's in this regard the way a lot of members here are stuck in 60's/70's TV.

And, 60's/70's TV reminding me, as I often forget at first since it's seasonally limited, I collect PVC and action figures of the characters from all of the Christmas specials from my youth, and can put together one heck of a huge North Pole, Christmas-town, Southtown, Mountain of the Whispering Winds, Evergreen (Frosty...), Who-ville, Springfield, South Park, Island of Misfit Toys, Bethlehem (The Little Drummer Boy (separately, cus...)), wherever the heck Charlie Brown lives diorama.

Brett
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

Andy,

I'll be sure to post pics. I know that this will be a long project, but I'm really excited about the prospects of it. I've always said that my three "classic" heroes (and I use the term classic very loosely) growing up were Errol Flynn's Robin Hood, Tyrone Power's Zorro, and Clayton Moore's Lone Ranger. There are a great many other heroes I had, but I've always considered these three to be classics and of a different era.

Mike
rajung

Post by rajung »

Muscle cars, pre 80's, I have a newer Supercharged Challenger but its production so I am not impressed, nothing like do it yourself.
Street rods, pre 1950.
Used to be in that car show scene but got to be too much like a Friday night friendly bowling league, great at first, hassle later with not so much friendly.
Model kits, wood projects, NFL Football, Cowboys- yes they suck, and always some drama.
yard and my garden, swimming and traveling, especially theme parks/tours . Not so much here, or I mean nothing here. My kids, yes they interest me, due to they're 30 yr old minds don't make sense from when I grew up. I think they are a little slow. Good old southern rock, or most of the early 60's through mid 70's music.
Just seen Three Dog Night, they still put on a great show.
Looking forward to the J Fogerty/ZZ top show.
There isn't enough day light for what I like to do, my Daughters tell me I need rehab.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

This Spring was late coming to New England-- we had snow in Mid-April which is not unheard of but unusual. I vowed last year I'd get back into Cycling every morning and yesterday I took my beloved Puegot in to the shop to get it back in working order. That bike and I got back 30 years but its been in disrepair after I stopped riding it 20 years ago and my nephew took possession of it. It's seen me through two Pan Mass Challeges (a 125 mile challenge ride for cancer research) and about 15,000 road miles.

My plan is to ride a minimum of ten miles a day every morning before breakfast. Last year I did five mile runs every day but my knees are starting to get sore so this will be better.