Beatles Yellow Submarine now on Amazon Prime Video

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Blue Meanie

Beatles Yellow Submarine now on Amazon Prime Video

Post by Blue Meanie »

For fans of The Beatles, animation or both, The Beatles Yellow Submarine is now streaming on Amazon Prime Video.

https://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Submarine ... dpSrc=srch
vintagematt

Re: Beatles Yellow Submarine now on Amazon Prime Video

Post by vintagematt »

Hmm...i have the app and it isn't showing up there...
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Strange and I’m not sure why. I read on another forum others had issues. Perhaps it’s country specific or something. I’m in the US and a prime member.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Maybe...
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

When I was a wee nipper, there were three movies that aired on ABC and had a huge impact on me: one was the '66 Batman film (for years I thought it was a one-off and didn't realize there were over 100 TV episodes out there waiting for me to discover them!), the second was "Yellow Submarine," which kicked off a life-long love affair with the Beatles (who seemed almost as cool as "the Monkees" :lol: ) and the third was "Killdozer," which no one else remembers but scared the pants off me. I still can't go by a construction site without giving bulldozers a suspicious glance.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

.....Who almost seemed as cool as The Monkees. I love it! :D

I still love the Monkees......show and music, but not as much as The Fab Four. Yellow Sub is just a feast for the eyes and ears. One of my most treasured items in my collection are three art cells used in the actual movie. I have Ringo, Jeremy (Nowhere Man, The Boob), and two dancers from the LITSWD sequence.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Yeah, I was just talking about Young Me. The Monkees came first for me, so I owed them some allegiance, And in fairness it would be a few years yet before I got huge into the Beatles (or any music), but once I did I left the Monkees behind.

Actually I'm not sure I own a single Monkees record (I've lost track of how many Beatle-related recordings I have), but the show was fun way back when. I still remember one day a custom jalopy roared past my house with a load of teenagers -- I'm guessing about 1972 -- and I thought they looked like the band. So I yelled out, "The Monkees!" and if looks could kill they'd have done me in right then and there. Seriously, I really think if I'd been any older than 7, they'd have piled out of that car and pounded me to a pulp. Good times.

I didn't know much about rock and roll back then (my parents only had showtunes and folk music on record), but I did know all bands had to have animal names: Beatles, Monkees, Turtles, Byrds, Eagles, etc. The only exception was that Clarence Clearwater guy. :lol:
"Or worse. Let's go..."
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

And from my musical perspective, listen to the track, March of the Meanies, on the soundtrack. I think George Martin was watching Batman because that cue sounds like (at least a little bit) the Bat trap music used in many episodes, including the Catwoman episode Better Luck Next Time.
Music. BAT! Music.
dell

Post by dell »

SprangFan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:20 am When I was a wee nipper, there were three movies that aired on ABC and had a huge impact on me: one was the '66 Batman film (for years I thought it was a one-off and didn't realize there were over 100 TV episodes out there waiting for me to discover them!), the second was "Yellow Submarine," which kicked off a life-long love affair with the Beatles (who seemed almost as cool as "the Monkees" :lol: ) and the third was "Killdozer," which no one else remembers but scared the pants off me. I still can't go by a construction site without giving bulldozers a suspicious glance.
I thought Killdozer (1974) was a takeoff of Duel (1971) starring Dennis Weaver. Duel was directed by Steven Spielberg.

If you like scary stuff I recommend the Dr. Who episode "Blink". From season 3. You don't need to be a Dr. Who fan to enjoy this episode. I will warn you that it is scary. If I told you what it was about you would think I was joking and that couldn't be the least bit scary. If you have seen it I will tell you they had two angel statues in an art museum we went to several years ago. Sent chills down my spine. My wife said the same thing. We told a friend about it and he just smiled as he knew what I was talking about even before I mentioned Dr. Who.
dell
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

SprangFan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:20 pm Actually I'm not sure I own a single Monkees record (I've lost track of how many Beatle-related recordings I have), but the show was fun way back when.
Back in the day, I only ever had a cereal-box single of I'm a Believer. (The disc is long gone, but I still love the song), A friend convinced me to check out the Monkees catalog some years back, and I'm glad I did. It doesn't stack up against the Beatles' output (what does?), but the original Monkees LPs hold up really well. Their last CD, Good Times, from just a couple of years ago, is also far better than it needs to be. It features songs written for the Monkees by fans who also happen to be members of Weezer, Fountains of Wayne, XTC, Oasis and Death Cab for Cutie.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

I´ll have to take a look, but I doubt the Spanish Prime Video would show it. Distribution rights sucks.

Anyway, didn´t they release on cinemas? Or they were planning to release it that way for it´s 50th anniversary (only in UK?). Could be cool to get something like that on the big screen.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Actually, I'm not a fan of scary stuff. :-). But I do know "Dr Who" and I've seen (and enjoyed) "Blink". But if you think about it, the Weeping Angels are like the ghosts in Bowser's Castle from "Mario Bros" :lol:

Re: the Monkees, my favorite was "Last Train to Clarksville."

I'd quite forgotten about cereal box records! What fun we used to have on a budget!
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

John Mack wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:25 pm And from my musical perspective, listen to the track, Sea of Holes, on the soundtrack. I think George Martin was watching Batman because that cue sounds like (at least a little bit) the Bat trap music used in many episodes, including the Catwoman episode Better Luck Next Time.
Interesting. I’ll have to go back and have a listen.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Jim Akin wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:03 am
SprangFan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:20 pm Actually I'm not sure I own a single Monkees record (I've lost track of how many Beatle-related recordings I have), but the show was fun way back when.
Back in the day, I only ever had a cereal-box single of I'm a Believer. (The disc is long gone, but I still love the song), A friend convinced me to check out the Monkees catalog some years back, and I'm glad I did. It doesn't stack up against the Beatles' output (what does?), but the original Monkees LPs hold up really well. Their last CD, Good Times, from just a couple of years ago, is also far better than it needs to be. It features songs written for the Monkees by fans who also happen to be members of Weezer, Fountains of Wayne, XTC, Oasis and Death Cab for Cutie.
Yep, the Monkees actually do have some very good albums and the Good Times LP is well worth a listen. I had the pleasure of meeting all 4 Monkees (Davy, Micky, Peter in 2011; Mike in 2013) and had Headquarters signed. I love the show and music, but the film Head......well, I don’t get it. Now Yellow Sub......that is a classic.

Here’s my signed Headquarters...

John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Blue Meanie wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 pm
John Mack wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:25 pm And from my musical perspective, listen to the track, Sea of Holes, on the soundtrack. I think George Martin was watching Batman because that cue sounds like (at least a little bit) the Bat trap music used in many episodes, including the Catwoman episode Better Luck Next Time.
Interesting. I’ll have to go back and have a listen.
Sorry, my mistake, the track is March of the Meanies. Your board name jogged my faulty memory lol. Anyway, you can listen to it on YouTube if you don't own the soundtrack.
Music. BAT! Music.