Titan's Trailer

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Keith Mayo

Titan's Trailer

Post by Keith Mayo »

SMH.....
Attachments
FB_IMG_1532615831724.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Yellow Oval

Re: Titan's Trailer

Post by Yellow Oval »

I saw the trailer. Absolute garbage! And I thought I despised Warner Bros. and DC "Comics" before this...! :roll:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 »

Look as bad as it looks, I'm giving this show a chance!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

You'll have to pay for that chance, as this will be on their new streaming service.

I have to say I haven't seen any positive reactions online from any comics fans, and logically that would be a core demographic for this show. I think DC may have miscalculated once again.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 »

Well the thing is I try to enjoy whatever dc throws out (Except for Beware the Batman, #notokay)
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

SprangFan wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:10 pm You'll have to pay for that chance, as this will be on their new streaming service.

I have to say I haven't seen any positive reactions online from any comics fans, and logically that would be a core demographic for this show. I think DC may have miscalculated once again.
Miscalculated??? DC??? Since when? SprangFan, don't be so negative or you'll end up like me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's actually a website that keeps a running date clock titled - (insert number) Days Since DC Did Something Stupid. They're constantly resetting it.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

What's that website address for the DC Clock? Most fittingly, I only find reference to Doomsday clock!
Even there own name is silly. DC Comics---Detective Comics comics lol. I think they've dropped the "comics" part of the logo, since I've only seen DC on their logo lately.
Music. BAT! Music.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

If they dropped "comics," it's probably because they want to emphasize the multi-media aspect of the business. ( " DC is a universe of entertainment, not just comics"). It's been a while since I've heard "comics" after "Marvel," either.

I recently read "DC" might actually have stood for "Donenfeld Comics", after National's original publisher, but that the true origin/meaning of the label is something of a mystery even within the company. Pretty sure this came from one of Paul Levitz's books for Taschen, and he should know.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

John Mack wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:26 am What's that website address for the DC Clock? Most fittingly, I only find reference to Doomsday clock!
Even there own name is silly. DC Comics---Detective Comics comics lol. I think they've dropped the "comics" part of the logo, since I've only seen DC on their logo lately.
John Mack,

Enjoy the ineptness. 8-)

http://hasdcdonesomethingstupidtoday.com/
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thank YO. That site is fun!
Music. BAT! Music.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

In recent years I have been excited at the sudden surge of DC comics film and television, but boy, I was not prepared for this, I refuse to acknowledge this trailer any longer, certainly not my cup of tea to put it politely! :?
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I know we are mostly "Old Schoolers" here, and that is most defiantly "Not My Robin".
That being said, I will give this interpretation a chance.
The Teen Titans are a great team. Teen Titans Go! is fun, why can't this be entertaining?
Dick is rumored to evolve into Nightwig thru the course of the show. Finally a live action Nightwig?
To be fair, I originally had the same thoughts about "Legends of Tomorrow", and I don't like that too much.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Speaking strictly for myself I've given up on the 'give it a chance' mantra. Both DC and Marvel (and, by extension, Warner Bros. and the Evil Mouse Corp.) have continually screwed me over as a comics fan since the start of the millennium. I have no use for the "edgy, gritty, realistic" nonsense or the P.C. junk that's being inserted.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Yellow Oval wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:34 am Speaking strictly for myself I've given up on the 'give it a chance' mantra. Both DC and Marvel (and, by extension, Warner Bros. and the Evil Mouse Corp.) have continually screwed me over as a comics fan since the start of the millennium. I have no use for the "edgy, gritty, realistic" nonsense or the P.C. junk that's being inserted.
Absolutely. The Shazam! movie looks fun, but we'll see. Ooops. I think that comment can equate to give em a chance. Evil Mouse Corp, too funny. From now on, it's being referred to as the EMC.
Music. BAT! Music.