Something I noticed

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Bill S.C.

Something I noticed

Post by Bill S.C. »

Howdy Batfolks,

While watching the episode Batman's Satisfaction, I noticed something in the background that I thought I'd share. As Batman and Robin are entering the room where Pinky had been, over Batman's right shoulder, there is an item on the wall that looked familiar. Upon a closer look, it was the same prop used as Batman's Compressed Steam Batpole Lift switch. I know that the show had a habit of reusing props, but I hadn't noticed this one before.

"Oh soon we'll be out amid the cold world's strife. Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life." - Tom Lehrer
wally wingert

Re: Something I noticed

Post by wally wingert »

As we all get older, we could all use a good batpole lift, I imagine.

Seriously though, in "Star Trek" they used to line the walls with spray-painted packing that came with various shipments of computers and monitors. Which has me wondering, what is the actual item they used for these Batpole Lift button panels? Some sort of Tupperware serving dishes or something?
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

wally wingert wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:30 pm As we all get older, we could all use a good batpole lift, I imagine.

Seriously though, in "Star Trek" they used to line the walls with spray-painted packing that came with various shipments of computers and monitors. Which has me wondering, what is the actual item they used for these Batpole Lift button panels? Some sort of Tupperware serving dishes or something?
"We haven't a moment to lose. TO THE TUPPERWARE!!!!!".
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

It’s amazing after all these years what we continue to notice, especially on the cleaned up dvds. Those switches could be Tupperware, who knows? It’s always funny seeing what they used for props. My god, they used an old camera flash and calculator parts for Luke’s lightsaber. Whatever works I guess. It only has to look good for a few seconds..lol
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

My favourite accidental catalogue discovery...

The Universal Translator, as featured in "Star Trek: Enterprise"...

Universal translator by Ian McLean, on Flickr

turned up in an Australian "Penny Miller" catalogue of homewares:

Mineral Magnet toilet cleaner by Ian McLean, on Flickr

I bought several at the time, but haven't gotten around to customising them yet.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)