It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown soundtrack available

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lou Szabo

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown soundtrack available

Post by Lou Szabo »

I just picked up the Vince Guaraldi "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" Soundtrack CD.
Its available now everywhere - try google. I got mine at Monsters in Motion, but Amazon and other have it.

For fans of the classic halloween special. There are some sound effects but no dialog. If you want that version, you'll need to transfer the LP released back in the day.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
High C

Re: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown soundtrack available

Post by High C »

I ordered it, but all they sent me was a rock.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Well played!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Unfortunately, the master tapes for the special are lost to time, so the CD is taken from the music and effects track of the special, clocking in at around 20 minutes. It is not of the sound quality as, say, the Fantasy Records soundtrack of A Charlie Brown Christmas, but I intend to get it anyway. This special brings flashbacks of thirteen year old me, holding the condenser mike of a tape recorder up to the speaker of a 13 inch black and white TV, trying to cobble together my own soundtrack from the yearly broadcast on CBS. I was enamored of the way Guaraldi's scores brought the characters to life and have since collected all of the commercial releases. Back then, however, those LPs were long out of print and the only way to hear this music was the annual reruns of the specials.

It's a shame that Varese Sarabande did not team this music up with the music from the Thanksgiving special, or even with the Charlie Brown Records version of the Halloween special to make a longer CD and add value to it, but I'm still enthused by this release!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

They should put the audio from the Dolly Madison commercials between tracks :D :D
Music. BAT! Music.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Thanks for the heads up on this release. I’ll get this from Amazon for sure. I’m surprised to hear about the sound quality and length of this disc as Varèse Sarabande usually does good work. Still, I want to add it to my collection. Recently founded this amongst the used CDs at Goodwill recently.

Vince Guaraldi Trio ‎– Charlie Brown's Holiday Hits
Label: Fantasy ‎– FCD-9682-2
Format: CD, Compilation, Remastered
Released: 1998
High C

Post by High C »

Szabol wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:17 pmWell played!
Thanks! I love Guaraldi's scores but that part of the show freaked me out as a kid, Charlie Brown getting rocks apparently from adults. It was a bit sociopathic for my tastes that random people would gang up on the kid. No way that would pass muster today, but Schulz had clout to get HIS vision on the screen, even if it could be pretty dark at times.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17