Batman: Mask of the Phantasm returns to theaters

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

John Mack

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm returns to theaters

Post by John Mack »

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm will be in theaters for one day only, November 12, for it's 25th anniversary. It's a Fathom event so it should be in a theater near you.
Attachments
batman2-8a8b13f00e233d943ba4ec20e4ab10a9.jpg
Music. BAT! Music.
SprangFan

Re: Batman: Mask of the Phantasm returns to theaters

Post by SprangFan »

It didn't stick around much longer than a day the first time, either. I saw it with my then-girlfriend (now wife) and besides us there were maybe three other people in the theater, all kids. Warner totally dropped the ball on promotion.

Still the best bat-movie I've seen in the big screen, though in all honesty there are several BTAS episodes I like better.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Absolutely. The theater I was in back then had about that many. Not sure why WB didn't do something even casual fans could relate to, such as have him battle all the main Batvillains, oh wait...
Music. BAT! Music.
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

Beware The Gray Ghost...
I just happened to be in NY when Mask of the Phantasm was originally released or would never have seen it. Similar experience. There were about 5 of us in the cinema. Fantastic film though
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

I too saw the movie when it first came out, with an almost empty theater. We did go see the movie tonight - and the attendance hasn't improved in 25 years - 8 people total, including my wife and me. The film looked great, but quite frankly I didn't remember a thing about the movie.

Sometimes memory loss has a good side effect - it was like seeing the movie for the first time... :lol:

Definitely enjoyed it...for the first time (again.) And I think I liked it better than many of the recent "live action" films as well.

Did anyone else attend?